Black Relationships : Why Do Black Men Prefer White Or Lightskin Women?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Question:

Ok so black men don't read but that in itself is a gross generalization, especially since the brother who's points you are questioning is very well read and a self published Author.

Secondly, what is the topic if this thread?

You are starting to drift way off course.

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Question:

Ok so black men don't read but that in itself is a gross generalization, especially since the brother who's points you are questioning is Ber well read and a self published Author.

Secondly, what is the topic if this thread?

You are starting to drift way off course.
I responded to Keita's "STATS" because, obviously, he felt/thought they had some kind of "relevance" to his thread....HE introduced them, not I. --- So, you posed a good question!---What do these "STATS" have to do with this TOPIC??---What's the relationship??

However, the title of that book is "BLACK PEOPLE don't read" but that too is a "hit" at another "stereotype" assigned to us.

I think the author, purposely, used this title to call attention to the fact that, too often, BLACK PEOPLE will readily accept/believe the "statistics" put out there about us. ---The purpose of that book is to CHALLENGE/dispel some of the myths and lies about our People, according to so-called "Stats," AS WELL AS bring attention to some of the POSITIVE "Stats" we NEVER hear about from the media.

But, you can bet, if there's a "Stat" out there which paints Blacks in a NEGATIVE light, reflecting on our family units, prison rates, oow births, etc...we SHO NUFF will see and hear it!

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
I stand corrected and I'm not dyslexic but may be going blind. lol (not funny)!

I can't speak for brother Keita. It appears he is trying to make a correlation between single moms with those who attend church and have high divorce rates, etc.

So, that is why I asked you that question about "who/how" because I think it's obvious that some of the numbers are very real.

Yeah, check up on some glasses soon! (lol)

...However, (be they real or not) yes, I see the "connections" Keita was making among these "Stats;" but how do these "Stats" relate to his topic:

"Black men preferring white or light-skin black women?"

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Yeah, check up on some glasses soon! (lol)

...However, (be they real or not) yes, I see the "connections" Keita was making among these "Stats;" but how do these "Stats" relate to his topic:

"Black men preferring white or light-skin black women?"
Sister cherryblossom,

As I stated, I can't speak for brother Keita.

I am trying to figure out how those stats relate to the topic myself.

peace...

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Sister cherryblossom,

As I stated, I can't speak for brother Keita.

I am trying to figure out how those stats relate to the topic myself.

peace...
You and me both. :lol:

...Also, I wasn't being "snarky" about the glasses. I laughed cuz I prolly need some too!...Sometimes, I'll read something and think, "Surely, that didn't just say what I thought it said?!"----And, sure enough, I'll LOOK AGAIN and, NO, it DIDN'T say what I thought it said!

:lol:

...Maybe it comes from reading too fast....at least, that sounds better than needing glasses. :lol:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 40.0%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: