Black Relationships : Why Do Black Men Prefer White Or Lightskin Women?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Keita Kenyatta, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Oh believe me, I'm going to deal with this and here's why. In the post on "The Dark Ages...Unknown History, Ms. Interpret asked a question pertaining to our people running the world at one time and then asked; "What Happened"? I posted in an earlier thread that "Black males who classify themselves as men began all of this that is happening" and that it began in the 18th dynasty of ancient Kemet. Well I plan on finishing this and documenting the exact points that became crucial to what we are now going through....with the Moors who conquered Spain from 711 to 1503 before they were expelled. These dates are crucial because with the expulsion of the Moors began the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade...but there's a lot of stuff that went down between the 18th dynasty down to them.

So let me begin this by allowing us to see the psychological and biological realities before we can tap back into when this all started because what I will be revealing does not apply to the Black Woman, only the Black man....we're so stupid at times with our penis on fire like we ain't got no control over ourselves beyond those 5 seconds of pleasure !!!

Peace !

2. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    This question reminds me of a highschool friend. She was Mulatto her mom was white, and her dad was black but one of the high yellow ones. So she said to me if a black man had to choose between us he would choose the lighter woman because he wants his babies to be fair-skinned. Of course I disagreed with her, i knew there were men who like BW but there was some truth to what she was saying.

I thought to myself why would she even bring something like that up, what does that have to do with anything. I realized she was just jealous of me and that was her way of trying to tell me socially she is more desired. Honestly, i'm not saying light skinned black men are unattractive, but imo darker skinned men are more-so attractive to me instinctively. I was never one of those women drooling over light skinned men with hazel eyes or something. Moreover, some are conceited because of their tone, they think they are exceptional and same with the woman.

3. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Brother Keita, I have a serious question for you that beggs to be answered. People like yourself devote a enormous amount of time on this type of stuff while the real work of Black Nationalism goes undone, why is a priority given to a myth about preferrences over, let's say, building businesses that hire Black people and empowering us to create institutions that we own and control? Why would someone as intelligent as you, who could inspire our youth to use their skills to become doctors, lawyers, pilots, engineers and other professionals essential in true Black Nationalism give this option a back seat over this obsession with the relatively lower percentage of Black males who have IR relationships or prefer red bones? From a percentage perspective, are more of our men in prison or involved in IR's? SO, why would intelligent Black people devote so much of their talent and creative energy to such an issues while all but ignore heavier issues like creating jobs, building educational institutions that teach us to be productive and to live at our potential, to stop making babies and abandoning them and the woman, to stop living criminal lifestyles that end them up in the White man's prison system, or any of the other pressing issues within our community?

Now, I realize the initial reaction, if I get one at all is to go generic on me and try to claim that all of these problems are based in self-hate and all related to these preferences myths and that is the root of the problem....If you do try to go that route, I ask that you man up to it and do as you said you would "deal with this" rather than gloss over it. Base your response with logic and intellect rather than an emotional outburst or an attack on me as an individual or throw up some smoke screen that's obviously designed to avoid discussing why this issue you and others here such as Jamesfrmphilly and Chinelo are competely obsessed with have been given a top shelf, front row priority while absolutely nothing is being done to resolve heavier matters.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Dr. Na'im Akbar discusses the factors and causes of interracial relationships. Racial integration is the enemy of unity because it requires the integrating group to be subsumed, weakened and scattered as a minority in a society in which the majority rules.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I don't want to gloss over anything at all, so don't get me wrong...and I'm not into attacking anyone. I seriously think that we as Black men need to man up and accept the responsibility for what is or is not happening to us as a whole. We obviously can't do that between the legs of someone who has nothing in common with us historically, culturally or spiritually on any level, which is something many of us may not be aware of. This entire drama began with us running up in white women and still continues as of today. Our young brothers don't know this history or the ramifications of it upon us historically. Our sisters don't understand it either...so it's time for somebody to hit this on the head if we really have any love for ourselves, our women and our families. I can't build and we can't build without our other half....and if it calls for us to begin separating ourselves from ourselves in order to re-establish our Afrakan selves and Afrakan nation then so be it. Ain't no brother or sister gonna sit up anywhere and talk that black stuff and that "I love myself and my people when their reality says something different between the legs of our historical, cultural and spiritual enemy. It's a living contradiction that needs to be addressed. So I really hope that you didn't get my intentions in this post wrong because I am because we are...not because they are, and I know that you know who the "they are" is that I speak of.

One Love!
    Peace.....and Asante sana (thank you very much) for the concern and the response.

Interesting statistics: 76% of black males in prison come from single family households...76% also come from religious households and 76% of black women are single...how should we interpret this?

6. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
  7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Keita ... this is a beautiful response ... i'm so proud of you ... :love:

:heart:

Destee

8. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Bro. Keita, I appreciate your response I agree with some of what you have said and disagree with some but I certainly respect the fact that you addressed my questions in a straight forward manner. I am on a cell phone now but I look forward to discussing this when I get to a regular computer. Also, much much respect for what you are doing with the honey Bees and fish.

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    they pass the sisters by…….

[​IMG]

10. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings: