Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do Black Americans Put So Much Faith In Christianity?

SwagII

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 26, 2019
On curious note, :computer: "why are black folk in this nation so in tune with Christianity?" Yet, their ancestors were brought from a continent that perhaps these black folk tribally worship other objects and or gods. After being forcibly removed from Africa to America, they were beaten and stripped:whip: of tribal names, religions and cultures over a period of decades, generations, etc. Most decendants of these enslaved ancestors were given and or adopted English [names of slave masters, etc.] names, etc. Why wasn't their African tribal names, religions, as well as cultures, etc., recorded by those elder african ancestors and passed on? Where and when were these enslaved Africans first introduced:research1: to this Christain Religion? A religion that that they eventually embraced then as well as today? What is it that black folk and Christianity really have:research: in common?

I guess you can ask the same question to blacks who are of the Islamic faith. What do they have in common with Islam. Blacks were enslaved to Christian slave owners as was the Arabs traders who also enslaved blacks. .
I have never seen for the 9 years I was on this site anyone ridicule the Koran Islam´s holy book. I find here the Christian religion is the most ridiculed. I doubt very much you would have phrased your question.

WHAT IS IT THAT BLACK FOLK AND ISLAM REALLY HAVE IN COMMON.

Fact Check: Arab Muslims Enslaved More Africans Than ...

The Arab Muslim Slave Trade Of Africans, The Untold Story ...

On curious note, :computer: "why are black folk in this nation so in tune with Christianity?"
They grew up in a Christian environment and accept it as a way of life.

Yet, their ancestors were brought from a continent that perhaps these black folk tribally worship other objects and or gods. After being forcibly removed from Africa to America, they were beaten and stripped:whip: of tribal names, religions and cultures over a period of decades, generations, etc.
They were given a simple choice, accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour or Die...constant whippings and mutilations were used as tools of persuasion.

Most decendants of these enslaved ancestors were given and or adopted English [names of slave masters, etc.] names, etc.
Our black Ancestors were prohibited from using their native language, names, writing or reading. By the third generation of Africans, they would not have known anything about themself except what was permitted by their captives....in most cases.

Why wasn't their African tribal names, religions, as well as cultures, etc., recorded by those elder african ancestors and passed on?
In a some cases they were...but these individuals were taking a great risk to themself and their children.

Where and when were these enslaved Africans first introduced:research1: to this Christain Religion?
Most likely at the slave fort or on the slave ship...The slave ship Jesus of Lubeck set the pattern.

A religion that that they eventually embraced then as well as today? What is it that black folk and Christianity really have:research: in common?
Arguably They are both from Africa.

I guess you can ask the same question to blacks who are of the Islamic faith. What do they have in common with Islam. Blacks were enslaved to Christian slave owners as was the Arabs traders who also enslaved blacks. .
I have never seen for the 9 years I was on this site anyone ridicule the Koran Islam´s holy book. I find here the Christian religion is the most ridiculed. I doubt very much you would have phrased your question.

WHAT IS IT THAT BLACK FOLK AND ISLAM REALLY HAVE IN COMMON.

Fact Check: Arab Muslims Enslaved More Africans Than ...

The Arab Muslim Slave Trade Of Africans, The Untold Story ...

I phrased the question to get insight about Blacks & Christianity. My intent wasn't to ridicule black folks. Since you brought it up, exactly what do black folk and Islam have in common? I am not here to ridicule anyone because of their religious affiliations. Knowledge is what I seek. Have a great day!

On curious note, :computer: "why are black folk in this nation so in tune with Christianity?" Yet, their ancestors were brought from a continent that perhaps these black folk tribally worship other objects and or gods. After being forcibly removed from Africa to America, they were beaten and stripped:whip: of tribal names, religions and cultures over a period of decades, generations, etc. Most decendants of these enslaved ancestors were given and or adopted English [names of slave masters, etc.] names, etc. Why wasn't their African tribal names, religions, as well as cultures, etc., recorded by those elder african ancestors and passed on? Where and when were these enslaved Africans first introduced:research1: to this Christain Religion? A religion that that they eventually embraced then as well as today? What is it that black folk and Christianity really have:research: in common?
According to the late Dr. Wyatt T. Walker, a close confidant/lieutenant of Rev. MLK JR., "religion was used to make the slaves submissive"! I respectfully submit that submissive and cowardly are one and the same! Or, at the very least, the former leads to the latter!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back