Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do Black Americans Put So Much Faith In Christianity?

dunwiddat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2012
I really expected to hear more people speak on this subject. Yet, as I have witnessed over the decades many folks are uncomfortable with religious discussions, etc. regardless how simple the question is, etc. It's something that they rather not do. One cannot go against the grain of that which has been religiously taught and instilled within the mind frame. Yet, humans have been asking questions for centuries.
Swagll you can ask the question why are there so many blacks in Africa of the Islamic faith. If you want to be openminded that would be a good question. Blacks have been enslaved in the USA over 400 years ago. It it is only obvious that those who were slaves accepted the religion of their masters. The same goes for the Arab Slave trade. The difference between the black Christians is they can accept any other religion if they choose to BUT with Islam you know what happens to those who renounce their Islamic faith.

You said "people are uncomfortable with religious discussions" you need to remember that Christianity is ONE of the worlds religion. So if you want a real discussion perhaps you would have to include the other religions e.g. Muslim, Jewish, Hindu etc..
There are blacks in USA who are of various religious persuasions. To just ask about why blacks are so involved in Christianity is to be in my mind a bit bias.

SwagII

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 26, 2019
Swagll you can ask the question why are there so many blacks in Africa of the Islamic faith. If you want to be openminded that would be a good question. Blacks have been enslaved in the USA over 400 years ago. It it is only obvious that those who were slaves accepted the religion of their masters. The same goes for the Arab Slave trade. The difference between the black Christians is they can accept any other religion if they choose to BUT with Islam you know what happens to those who renounce their Islamic faith.

You said "people are uncomfortable with religious discussions" you need to remember that Christianity is ONE of the worlds religion. So if you want a real discussion perhaps you would have to include the other religions e.g. Muslim, Jewish, Hindu etc..
There are blacks in USA who are of various religious persuasions. To just ask about why blacks are so involved in Christianity is to be in my mind a bit bias.
I disagree... Such a question asked is a question that can be answered. Why would it be bias? I am asking about one religion, known as Christianity, not all religions. That's where my interest is. Christianity. I stand by my question.

dunwiddat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2012
I disagree... Such a question asked is a question that can be answered. Why would it be bias? I am asking about one religion, known as Christianity, not all religions. That's where my interest is. Christianity. I stand by my question.
Nobody has to answer your question even if they explained why they believe in Christianity you would still disagree. I have read your earlier comments and you have a preconceived notion of the religion. Any debate with you would be an exercise in futility.

SwagII

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 26, 2019
Nobody has to answer your question even if they explained why they believe in Christianity you would still disagree. I have read I didn'tyour earlier comments and you have a preconceived notion of the religion. Any debate with you would be an exercise in futility.
You spoke just as I thought you would. And you are right, "nobody has to answer the question." Yet here you are trying to sit in judgment, etc. Why not allow others to judge for themselves? Unlike you, I didn't come here to debate, nor sit in judgment. Yet if one hasn't "absolute truth" about a particular religious subject, etc. I am not trying to hear it. Otherwords have "absolute truth" about what you are religiously addressing. I am not seeking imaginary events and people. Have a great day...

dunwiddat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2012
You spoke just as I thought you would. And you are right, "nobody has to answer the question." Yet here you are trying to sit in judgment, etc. Why not allow others to judge for themselves? Unlike you, I didn't come here to debate, nor sit in judgment. Yet if one hasn't "absolute truth" about a particular religious subject, etc. I am not trying to hear it. Otherwords have "absolute truth" about what you are religiously addressing. I am not seeking imaginary events and people. Have a great day...
A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Peace.

Latest profile posts

"Life is the greatest journey you will ever be on..."
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love: