Black People : Why did the FBI arrest Malcolm X's Grandson Malcolm Shabazz?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsVeraisblessed, Feb 4, 2013.

1. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I'm scared to post this for fear this story might have already been posted. I searched, checked and didn't see it. So i'm guessing i'm safe...

[​IMG]

Iranian news outlet PressTV is reporting that the grandson of Malcolm X has been detained
    by the FBI en route to Iran. Malcolm Shabazz, an outspoken activist, was
    reportedly arrested on Monday while en route to Tehran for a Hollywoodism conference. According to sources, the FBI is refusing to provide any details as it relates to the reason for Shabazz’s arrest or his whereabouts.
    ---------------------------

I'm not understanding why FBI arrested him. They won't say why or where they took him. I don't see the possible motive or cause to arrest this man other than going to Iran to speak. He was invited to Tehran. I find this suspicious, don't you?

Read more about FBI arrests grandson or Malcolm X's

2. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    The United States have called Iran and the Iranian regime evil for years now. So, personally I'm not really surprised at all. It's kind of ironic though since there was a rumor that started around 2008 saying that President Obama is the child of Malcolm X.

3. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I just thought that Malcolm X's past might have something to do with his grandson being arrested in Iran. FBI was always surveilling his grandfather for any leaks they thought he might have about the government...

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

...This is good update info you've posted, thanks. I'll add it to this Thread:

Malcolm X Grandson Breaks Silence
    Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Tribal_House, Oct 13, 2009.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/malcolm-x-grandson-breaks-silence.58453/

Peace In,

5. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Thanks for posting.

Why? That's a good question.

FBI claims its mission to be:
    Our Mission
    As an intelligence-driven and a threat-focused national security organization with both intelligence and law enforcement responsibilities, the mission of the FBI is to protect and defend the United States against terrorist and foreign intelligence threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States, and to provide leadership and criminal justice services to federal, state, municipal, and international agencies and partners.​

It's about:
    Our mission is to help protect you, your children, your communities, and your businesses from the most dangerous threats facing our nation—from international and domestic terrorists to spies on U.S. soil…from cyber villains to corrupt government officials…from mobsters to violent street gangs…from child predators to serial killers. Along the way, we help defend and uphold our nation’s economy, physical and electronic infrastructure, and democracy. Learn more about how we have evolved into a more proactive, threat-driven security agency in recent years.​

A lot of nonsense to be sure. But considering economic interests at stake. Pieces can be put together.

6. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Hey abs how ya doing?

now your post got me thinking,....are they protecting us from him? are they suspecting that he might be collaborating with the Iranians? Do they think he's a spy for them?

7. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    I don't know anything about Malcolm X's grandson but I can say for certainty that he's not a spy and the Iran or the Iranians are not evil people.

8. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    With White folk. Follow the Money.

I'd suppose he could hurt Hollywood.

Or more, they are Protecting Hollywood.

Or more, America's image.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Hey Sister MsVeraisblessed ... :wave:

I remember reading the above, and had to come back and find it ... :research: ... :)

We don't have a rule about posting duplicate information. You can do that here. It's okay ... :)

Even if it does happen, one Member rarely links to the same source, or gives the same assessment / opinion of the situation. If the threads are posted on the same day, within minutes of each other ... and we see it ... we may merge the threads, making them one ... but this is not anything you have to worry about.

You're always safe here .... :grouphug:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

10. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    We can debate and discuss this all we choose to...

I'd like to know what the FBI based their 'detaining' of Malcolm's son on?

No new updates about that I've come across since they did!

:10500: