Black Spirituality Religion : Why did God create the devil?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by black math, Apr 28, 2013.

1. black math

black math Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    Taking all answers

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Because he got tired of man blaming him every time something went wrong.

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    See
    Ezekiel 28:13-14

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    In terms of the Biblical description of the 'serpent' in the garden of eve that led to the fall of mankind, I don't see anywhere in the Bible that God created the devil.

But in terms of the scripture that was previously cited in regards to 'Zidon' [the Zidonians], that does go hand-in-hand with what God did when 'iniquity was founded' whether it was in Satan or mankind. He had great mercy but eventually he passed judgment against evil doers.

I do believe though, that scripture gives much incite to 'the Devil' before he was thrown out of the heavens detailed in the Book of Revelation.

[13] Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
    [14] Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    [15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee....

[21] Son of man, set thy face against Zidon, and prophesy against it,...

5. black math

Ratings:
    +11
    Showing and proving that God created the devil, to show and prove that He be God and could desroy the devil in the blink of an eye!

6. black math

Ratings:
    +11
    God is proving His Love for us, amongst many other things every day. His Grace proving that He understands we all fall short and that none is righteous!

7. black math

Ratings:
    +11
    Open for any one to answer, I'd like to hear your intake?

8. black math

Ratings:
    +11
    That's peace, still new to this was'nt trying to get any one upset and I liked hearing what others thought. But thanks for the heads up. Check me out on front porch and hit me up there. Peace!

9. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    i will say this...then i will leave it alone.

God didn't create the devil. God create Lucifer...a perfect angel. Lucifer, through his arrogance, jealousy, and desire to be worshipped, set himself in opposition to God. in so doing, he became satan, the devil. He is known as the slanderer, the deceitful one, the father of the lie...and goes by many other names. again, he was created perfect...as was all the angels. however, he chose to become the devil.

10. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +299
    Satan was in the beginning with God as a glorious angelic being (a spirit like we all were). He was called Lucifer, Son of the Morning, Shining One, Lightbringer. "Pride goeth before the fall."
    "How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars (spirit children of GOD): I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north (to rule): I will ascend above the heights of the clouds (of GOD's Glory); I will be like the most High (to take His throne to sit in it.) " Because Satan rebelled against our Father in heaven "And there was a war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels (one third of the children of GOD joined with Lucifer in that rebellion). And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. An that great dragon was cast out , that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world; he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And his tail drew the third part of the stars (children of GOD) of heaven and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman (The plan of salvation) which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. And she brought forth a man child (Jesus Christ), who was to to rule all nations with a rod of iron (The word of GOD): and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne." When The Devil was cast down and the third of Heavenly Father's children who followed with him to the earth, "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them (all the children of God day and night." Revelation 12