Black Spirituality Religion : Why Christianity is Not a Harmless Belief System

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, May 20, 2007.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    My father is a pastor and my mother is an ordained evangelist. They both teach the biblical myth that we are descended from Ham and that Noah cursed Ham's son Canaan and that's why we are at the bottom as a people. They also teach that the reason we were allowed to be slaves is because we are so arrogant. I wonder why Africans are the only people in the world who aren't allowed to be arrogant? Everybody else can have an ego except us.

But you can't get around Noah. If you are a Christian you have to believe in Noah. You can't believe in Jesus and not believe in Noah. I asked my parents if there was any evidence that God had honored Noah's curse. Without hesitation they said yes. If you believe someone put a curse on us all you have to do is look around at the condition we are in and that will be all the evidence you need. If you're looking for evidence to support the Bible then you won't see the real reason whites are on top which is because no one else in the world is wicked enough and vicious enough to do to them what they have done to everyone else.

For a time I had just dismissed Christianity as a harmless belief system that really didn't matter. But the more I think about it the less inclined I am to think so. Christianity is the most insidious and diabolical enemy we have as Black people. Here we are trying to teach Black people to love themselves and honor their heritage and there they are teaching Black people to despise their ancestors and shun their heritage. Not because they know anything about that heritage but because the Biblel says so. The white slave masters who stole us from our motherland and beat, lynched, raped and castrated this religion into us were happy to give authrity to a book that upholds the idea of our inferiority and condones our enslavement. They were even happier when they could get us not only to believe in but defend this book and this religion as the only thing we have to sustain us. But like the man said there is nothing a slave master will give you that is designed to set you free.

2. silent-ra

silent-ra Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    peace sistah. i feel yor concerns but i must respectfully disagree with yu. i believe it was yu who wrote, in chat in the Elder's chief class a week ago something like christianity is designed to get our womenfolk and islam our menfolk. it was a profound observation that still has me buzzed. in case i credited yu with someone else's quote, my apology to the original quoter and still i stand by my words here based on the quote.

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey Brotha silent-ra,

Yes, it was I who said that. I have not changed my views. You will find that I have a lot more to say about Christianity than Islam because I was trained in Christianity for twenty five years and have an intimate knowledge of it that spans almost forty years whereas my knowledge of Islam is based primarily on reading the Hadith and Koran and noticing that there is little difference in the conversation and lifesstyle of my Christian family members and my Muslim family members.

When I look at the entire African diaspora and the motherland I see how Islam entices t6he men to oppress the woman while the Christian Church woos the women and encourages them to browbeat any man they can't lure into the Church. Yes, they are both very insidious and very diabolical.

peace,

Da River

4. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Peace and Greetings;

River,

Are you in the position to question and show your parent’s information and knowledge they will not learn through the dogmatic views of Servants of Jesus?

If you are in the position to grow, learn and expand with your parents then you need to show your parents all the passages that reveal the Children of Israel as also being cursed servants in the earth for breaking the Covenant. Then ask them who has informed them that Africans are the descendants of Ham and how they can distinguish between Ham and those that became the Children of Israel.

If you are not in this type of relationship with your parents then invite them hear and I will converse with them.

Peace.

5. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Being able to tell and see the difference btwn the truth and passed down stories is an important task for everybody. So I feel inspired when I see anyone break out of the popular belief systems to start their journey in the realm outside of the religious matrix.

:welldone:
    Sister River

6. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Qg River:

I bow and salute you for escaping the BOX Mentality.

Remain Firm in your Divine Infinite travel.

HILY/A
    :kiss1:

7. Rahim

Rahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51
    i also applaud anyone that has stepped out of that trap and poison called religion..

8. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    silent-ra

In order for one to push their belief/ thoughs etc , One have to step on other belief's , It the same game the white man use its nothing new .

9. silent-ra

silent-ra Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    hotep Zacharias. my apologies becuz i'm unsure about the manner in which yu say this. or yu saying this is a positive or a negative? or betta still, would yu be so kind to elaborate on what yu are writing, thanks.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    To our knowledge we have been taught that the order of the religions as they came are "Judaism, Christianity and then Islam". This is historically incorrect. The actual order of them is "Christianity, Islam and then Judaism". In fact, Judaism is not even a B.C. Religion.

Furthermore, if I were to ask "who" created Judaism and when, I doubt that very few could answer that question. If I ask "who wrote the books of Matthew, Luke and Mark, as well as the books of 1 and 2 Peter, Galatians, Ephesians and some others in the new testament, I doubt that few could tell me. Is this a religious issue? No it isn't.

History reveals not only the name of "the one European who wrote these books, but who commissioned him to do it and how long it took." I am speaking "history here, not religion".

Now, the question becomes, "what does this mean"? It historically means that we and the rest of the world have become infected with the doctrines of "white supremacy" and the written word as written by Europeans and as such, have become victims of it through miseducation and indocrination. They created a story of a man named Jesus in the books of the Bible and stamped it upon the world. Because Judaism is not a B.C. religion, they have also written themselves into the Bible as if it is a B.C. religion and that they were there...which they were not. Once again, this is "history and not religion".

How was this done? It was done when a European named Guttenburg borrowed money from the Lumbards or Jews to finance the printing press in the 1400s. He could not re-pay the loan back so they confiscated the printing press. Shortly after, the first bible with an old and new testament appeared in the 1500s under one cover for the first time.

Afterwards the European through the control of the "written word" CREATED for the first time a subject "called history in the school system" in Germany during the 16th century. History as they taught it was entirely centered around the Bible and the time lines of the bible...a book that they literally wrote themselves into. They knew that WHOEVER WRITES HISTORY CONTROLS HISTORY AND THEY HAD THE PRINTING PRESS TO DO ALL THE WRITING THEY WANTED TO."

We have become victims of that system. We have become victims of European identification. It was through their control of the written word and of history which they created, that they were able to literally "write us out of history and write themselves into it."

Just as there was no Abraham, Issac, Ishmael, Moses, Jesus or Muhammad, there was no African preist named "Manetho" who supposedly gave them a chronology of Kemet. The Europeans created all of this...basically as a means of controlling time and their place in it...it was equally the Europeans who created the dynasties of ancient Kemet...again, something we are victims of. Our ancestors never wrote any history. For whom would they write it? There was no one but them who could read. History is written for OTHERS TO READ. They were not writing history, they were living it!

We can forget Hebraism and the Israelites also, for that is a part of Judaism, again, something created exactly 1080 to 1100 our time. So sure of this am I that I defy anyone to trace Judaism before the B.C. time era. It took 20 years to formulate the religion of Judaism and HIS-STORY records the name of the man who did it.

We speak of such civilizations as "Sumer" and yet not one artifact from it exist. Why? Because it is a Biblical created reality which can not be used as a history book. Just as there exist no painting, no carvings, no statues of any of the so called prophets...we must ask ourselves why? Yet we can find paintings, carvings and statues of peoples and leaders who are much much older, and yet there exist nothing of the 'so called greatest people to ever walk the earth?' It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Nothing exist because they did not exist.... Yes, we need to know OUR STORY but if we want to be clear on things we better learn HIS-STORY EVEN MORE and not what they want us to know.