Black People Politics : Why Charleston Shooter Dylan Roof Isn't a “Terrorist” But Maybe Some of Us Are

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by RAPTOR, Jun 30, 2015.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon

As the FBI director explained, the term “terrorist” has a very specific legal meaning in the US. Legally,
    a terrorist is somebody aiming to influence or change government or corporate (it's hard to tell them
    apart) policies by breaking the law. By that definition, Dylan Roof, who simply wanted to kill as many
    black people as he could is NOT a terrorist. The willingness to kill a lot of black people is NOT a
    change in corporate or governmental policy. Killing lots of black folks has been business as usual ever
    since Europeans landed in the New World half a thousand years ago....

....If breaking the law to change government or corporate policy makes you a terrorist, Martin Luther
    King, Chelsea Manning, Wikileaks' Julian Asange, anti-pipeline activists and “#BlackLivesMatter
    protestors blocking roads and streets, and even Boondocks cartoon character and self-confessed
    domestic terrorist Huey Freeman all pass the test.

Read more: http://www.blackagendareport.com/whos-a-terrorist

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Great information (although, again, disturbing) and excellent website...Black Agenda Report. I subscribed.

So I guess the so-called fore-fathers of America are no longer revolutionaries, but terrorists? My oh my, how could that be? They are praised for being revolutionaries by taking a stand against Britain. They have always been celebrated by their descendants for their courage and determination for standing up for what they strongly believed in. This news will surely destroy their legacy and the psyche of those who love them and what they stood for if they no longer fit the definition of a revolutionary.:love: :confused:

"A revolutionary person fearlessly advocates radical change. Revolutionary people and ideas challenge the status quo and might be violent or willing to upset the natural order to achieve their goals. Like the word revolve, it's all about turning things around."

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/revolutionary

And going further back, that would also include Pilgrims as terrorists because of their actions against Native Indians whose tribal nations had their systems of government and cultural practices when they were "discovered." Yet they were killed and raped by the white man's armies, by their diseases and forced to leave their homeland and no longer practice their religions. They were automatic criminals when the white man passed laws specifically to disenfranchise natives, steal land from them and claim they were trespassing on government property. Aren't those actions of terrorists?

"A person who engages in terrorism. Act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/terrorist

Oops...darn it, I keep forgetting. The white elite are above the law. They can do anything they want and not be held to the same standards as everyone else beneath them. Why do I keep thinking that the civil rights laws make us all equal? My bad ... I need to stop thinking crazy like that. :oops:

3. Damaris Sheldon

Damaris Sheldon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    Dylann Roof is nothing but lone wolf racist rampage killer, he lacks the vision or direction to be a terrorist, he lacks the mental capacity & stamina to be a serial killer, his ranting's didn't even earn the possibility of him possessing some type of religious pogram, very few if any die hard racist organizations even attempted to align themselves with his so called mantra, the only benefit from his continued existence is for our churches to pay more attention to their security programs.

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
  5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    "Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims". This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. Black Lives Matter has earned this title due to its actions in Ferguson, Baltimore, and even at a Bernie Sanders rally, as well as all over the United States and Canada. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions - and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare Black Lives Matter a terror group - on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety."

Whoever it is, are they serious? Comparing BLM to ISIS? Is BLM going to foreign countries killing people or even claiming to? This is all twisted.

I reject/rebuke this claim. Revolutionaries? Yes! Terrorists? No! Let's be clear. We MUST protect OUR first amendment rights as aggressively as those who argue for their rights under the second amendment, the right to bear arms.

First Amendment - Religion and Expression. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last I heard, U.S. citizens still have the right to protest, and the right to speak freely unless it endangers the life of others. We must argue for and support the BLM's rights and that they be protected under the U.S. Constitution and will be upheld in a court of law if challenged.

Thanks for sharing this, UB.

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Message received and understood!

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528