Black Spirituality Religion : Why Challenge the Beliefs of Others When One is too weak Hearted to accept the Challenges of theirs

How do you characterize real knowledge?
How do you characterize street knowledge?

What is religion?
What are the common characteristics of a religion?
Are indigenous religions religion?

ATR?
I would prefer to have smoeone with some real knowledge rather then street knowledge to adress ths put your points , really expalin mine

because your response leaves out 80% of the worlds indegenous relgions

So really what do you know about ATRs????

Really this brother has a collection of publicized works. Stop exposing itself tama hu!

Some people don't have a large comfort zone.

I enjoy discourse, personally. However, I think it's nice that a person can decide when they've had enough and move on from a conversation.

It'd be nice if we had more threads that did debate things, especially the religion and the Black nationalism, but we can't really force people to do so.

There are all kinds of challenges about religion all religions and there should be in any intellectual discourse, but why do the challengers have their own little precious beliefs about cosmology, beliefs they cause many of them to act like religious fanatics, when these beliefs are challenged?

is this a form of Stokholm syndrome?
Sometimes we have to be ready to listen and debate. If I feel as if what I believe will not be acknowledged, then I won't get into a long drawn out debate. Sometimes there are things that I believe, and no one can shake it, but I won't knock anyone if they don't feel the same way. It is okay if they don't agree with what I think, but we can still share a dialogue, if I feel as if it can be a respectful exchange. If they don't....so be it, no need to become offended. The strength and the faith in what they believe in, is consistent with the strength and faith as the same as what I believe in. It may not coincide, and it may be based upon different things and experiences, but it comes from the same place. The thing is, I am on a journey of edification, maybe they can give me something, and maybe I can give them something. If not, no biggie, I won't become offended and take it personally, and take it as an attack against me. That is where pride comes in, I do have to check myself, but I try not to let it get to that. If someone feels like I am challenging them and their beliefs, then that is on them. I will not deny that I am challenging their beliefs, ( like some people do but won't admit), but I honestly don't want them to take it personally. It seems as though you are taking it personally, maybe they are too, but from this thread, it seems as if you are too. Just let it go, and learn to respond and debate in a way that edifies. If your thoughts are not wanted, either learn to communicate better, or communicate anyway, or just stop. From an outside source looking in, and as someone who has read alot of your posts....you need to learn to communicate better. Don't take it personally, you have some good ideas, you just need to know when to release them.

Really this brother has a collection of publicized works. Stop exposing itself tama hu!
No doubt brother Emanuel in fact I think I may pull out the brothas religious factor and start pulling some punches. lol!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back