Black People : Why Can't We See All The Abuse Pictures?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 13, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

The administration didn't hesitate showing us the dead bodies of Saddam's sons. They were paraded all over everywhere.

Americans are in Iraq dying every day. Americans are paying for this war. Americans are being asked for more money to continue fighting this war.

Yet Americans are not qualified to see all the pictures of abuse?

:heart:

Destee

2. DayDream

DayDream Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Not at all!!!

I didn't see your other thread before I started mine but I was on the verge of a breakdown this afternoon and what better place to share my feelings, right? I think that the government is just screwing this whole freaking situation up!!! They are making the war THAT much harder for the Americans in Iraq. Iraqi people are already attacking us just because they don't want us there and now we're...well, the government is just giving them more ammunition! Now all of sudden they want to be all hush-hush about the pictures. THEY MAY AS WELL SHOW THEM NOW!!! THE DAMAGE IS ALREADY DONE!!!! Yet they're sending more and more of us over there everyday. Disgusting!!!!

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Your right Destee they did parade the bodies around of his sons. The photo's I heard are something to see, they involve some crazy stuff. I'm on several sites that may get and show them and I won't hesitate to bring the link here.

Here is a link to an article that that came out today and brings new facts to be discussed about the abuse at the prison. Basically it says Rumsfeld knew and authorized the abuse.

http://newyorker.com/fact/content/?040524fa_fact

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Why aren't all the abuse photos being shown? Simple because of Vietnam! To be more specific, the TV cameras & Journalism over in Vietnam showed American abuses for the 1st time, and it eroded support for the war. Visual evidence of American attrocity made it difficult to spread propaganda, which is necessary in most wars. Propaganda is extremely important in this war, as it has already been proven that there is no real threat in Iraq (no weapons of mass destruction). The reason has shifted that there are terrorist there, we have liberated the Iraqis from a brutual dictator, and securing Iraq will help the US in the Middle East. Quite simply these photos undermine everything that the Bush administration is trying to sell to the American people.....my only question is why isn't Kerry doing more to capitalize on Bush's vulnerability????????????????????????

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brother Pan, I don't put any hope in Kerry or any politician at this point because I find it difficult to believe that what happened to the Iraqi prisoners is new and that few politicians know this. I belive this is typical behavior among military personnel.

I view this incident the same way as the scandal around the presidential election in 2000 when Bush began to hold Americans hostage for four years when he stole the White House. The man had an agenda that he wanted to fulfill...and he took a page out of Brother Malcolm's book--"by any means necessary."

Let's face it, even if Kerry did win the election in the fall, he's not going to be able to end the war any time soon. Bush has laid a pile of stink so high it would take the same wrecking crew that cleaned up after 9/11 the same amount of time to clean up this mess.

Brother HODEE...sure Rumsfeld gave the order for the abuse of those prisoners. Why do you think he RAN to Iraq...or at least claimed he did. A friend of mine swears he doesn't have the cahoonas to leave this country right now for fear of his life and that they took pictures of him somewhere in the desert around Las Vegas and staged it to look like he was in Iraq!

Now isn't it ironic that the FIRST person to be court marshalled for the abuse is a young Black man? I was fortunate to see an interview of him and his family on one of the morning talk shows and this young man was very convincing that he had NOTHING to do with the behavior in those pictures and went on to say that the "softening up" he did was given by direct order by "superior" officers! We need to follow this story very closely because I believe that once again, people are going to be used as a scapegoat and smoke screen.

The Bush Administration is out of control!!!

Queenie :spinstar:

6. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    wow...

hey maybe we can put the 40x focus on the cruel and humiliating treatment being done to our people in these amerikkkan prisons, but that's not likely since the focus is overseas and here, well, a cast shadow.