Why can't I chat?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by UbZoRbShUn, Nov 10, 2001.

1. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    Destee, I was poking around the house and wanted to go into the chat room. I thought that I could get n but the door was locked. It would not take my name and password.

How can I chat over there??? And I still can't see the Anthology button and I know it's here. Maybe I was gone to long.

Preciate ya helpin a sista out

:)

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hi 'Zorbsh'n,

The chat and forum are not integrated, so usernames/passwords from here, do not work over there. You will have to register over there. You can register w/the same username and password, but they are separate logins. Sorry for the inconvenience.

From all indications, you should be able to see the Anthology Forum. I'm going to sign in as you for a quick second, just to see if I can see it from your username/password.

I'll report back in a few.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hmmmmm 'Zorbsh'n ... I signed in as you and was able to see the Anthology forum. Please check again and tell me if this problem continues for you. The Anthology Forum is the last of all the forums, before getting to the "Administration" area.

You should be able to see (and post to) it.

Please take a peek again and let me know.

4. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey D

I can see it today. Maybe it was just on my end or something. Thanks for the info on the chat room.:)

5. manifested

manifested Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i can't see the anthology forum either

wurdplai

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Manifested,

Thanks for joining us. The Anthology Forum can only be seen by those Members who have indicated their interest in having their work (poetry) included in it.

If you'd like to be added to the list, let us know by saying so in this thread before March 13th.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Destee

7. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Hi

Destee, I'm sorry for posting my chat problems in here, but I thought since it was under the same topic...why not.

I haven't been in the chat area since I first came to Destee's, but last Friday I entered the chatroom and wasn't able to type. I logged out and re-entered a few times, but it didn't correct the problem. I'm sure other chatting thought I was CocoCoocoo or very unfriendly :laugh: Is it something I might be doing? Thanks :)

CCBSKYN :heart:

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hi Coco ... lol @ CocoCooCoo ... hehehehe ... I'd like to think that it was not you. The chat technology is old and really needs updating. I've not logged in for awhile (I used to hang out there often, but time just doesn't allow it anymore). I am sooooo looking forward to our new community, new chat, new everything, as it doesn't appear I will be upgrading that solution.

Now, back to your question ... hmmmm ... were you trying to get in using Microsoft or Netscape? I'm going to go there now and see if it will let me in and let me type, but I probably won't be able to duplicate your experience ... which would help in trying to troubleshoot your problem.

I'd like to ask you to give it a try again and let me know how it worked for you ... you have been able to chat there before ... right?

Sorry for such vague answers but our po' lil chat is old and really needs to be allowed to retire. :)

Destee

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hey CoCo ... I'm back from logging into the chat and typing and everything ... matter of fact the system kicked me out for "flooding" ... typing line after line of text ... everything seemed to work okay.

Please do try it again and let me know if she acts better for you. Also, Microsoft seems to get a better response from her than Netscape.

:heart:

Destee

10. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    :jumping: Happy Monday Morn'n, Destee and Kem

Destee,

I logged into chat this mornin' to check if she was still hat'n...:)
    It's all good....she allowed me to type. Thanks for put'n her in check :laugh:

Oh BTW, me use Microsoft.

CCBSKYN :heart: