Black People : Why Blacks should Stay Out of the Military

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Jul 30, 2008.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    If you stop and look at the pattern you will find that this is one of the ways the government kicks our tails on an international level.

When it comes to getting a job or a loan or education or where you will live, what kind of food you will eat etc., we are Black, but when it comes to fighting wars we are all of a sudden Americans and not to think of ourselves as anything else. But check this out...

They send us to fight the Koreans/Vietnamese/Arabs (take your pick) and we go because we are so proud to be Americans. But then when we come back they bring the same people they sent us to fight who are now our enemies into our communities and subsidize their businesses so that they can undersell our businesses and drive our communities into economic ruin.

Maybe you missed the one two punch so let me run it by you again...

The government uses us to fight other countries then when the other countries have come to hate us because we were fighting them the government pays them to come into our communities and take over.

What kind of government does this to its own citizens? If you ask this question then you still don't get it.

2. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    I agree as I'm doing an indepth study of American history and the lower class people have always been in the battles and died and others came back home only to find there land taken and their job filled. I see no difference today as the soldiers take orders and don't decide who or what to fight. They are just told what to do.

3. YungMiss

YungMiss Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +7
    Most people of any race don't join the military because they are "proud americans". Most people get into the military because it is a salary job that guarantees some source of income, health benefits, and a chance to move around the world. So as long as the military is an easy attainable source of income people will never stop joing regardless of race. Unlike going on a job interview all you have to do to join the military is pass a test and go through basic training no need to hear that sad song of " We will call you". Its often a last resort but its much better than being out on the streets. As far as those who are proud to fight in wars they are fighting for family, friends, and loved ones, not neccessarily America but whats in America. Being in the military in any nation is just another job as it was back in the day. I personally feel that blacks should not stay out of the military for the simple fact that the military plays a big part in a country. If blacks should be involved in anything then they should be within that too, if America is a melting pot then melt. Blacks have also helped to develop the military and, become successful in this field maintiaing high positions. Look back at the black regiments in the earlier american days that did great things. And lastly when people go to war those are just like job bonuses they get paid for it. Not saying its a good thing but its how it was back then and it certainlty will never change, its just like hiring a hitman to do a hit. So I get what your saying but as long as everything is pretty much paid for while your in the service then you will have people joining daily. Its one of the few jobs that will take you with no experience and then train you to do a certain job and give you money and experience. Make the military an internship or based on strictly volunteering, then you will see how many people of any race will be joining (slim to none).

4. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    "I'm a black man and I could never be a veteran" - Chuck D

My pops is one of the most "patriotic" people you'll ever meet (especially for a black man who went through Jim Crowe)....One of the reasons is, because of his time he spent in the service. If we're at a sporting event he's the first to take off his hat and salute the flag when the national anthem comes on, and ever since I was a child I never understood why he held such a strong allegiance to a country that has discriminated against him over his lifetime.

5. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I WAS IN THE ARMY FOR 4 YEARS... SHOCKING !!!!!!

I BASICALLY WENT IN TO TRAVEL AND SEE THE WORLD ESP WHEN YOU IS 17 WHEN YOU JOIN. I WAS NEVER A SO CALLED PATRIOTIC PERSON EVEN AT THAT TIME. LET ME DO MY TIME AND GIVE ME MY GI BILL AND COLLEGE FUND MONEY( WHICH I USE TO HAVE A BLAST WITH)

6. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    yeah not everyone comes back patriotic (we know Huey Newton and Bobby didn't, lol)..........

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    and some don't come back at all.

Be all you can be

See the world

Get out of the ghetto

As a footnote, BTW and to the side you might have to kill a couple thousand people and you might get killed but hey you're doing it for the white man's family, friends and loved ones because of course we'll have to treat you and your family, friends and loved ones a little worse to put you back in your place just in case you come back here thinking that fighting our wars means you're no longer a nggr

8. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    good post,the military is the biggest stubling block for young black men,example-a young man finishes high school[which in itself is somewhat of a miracle in today's world]wants to attend college[a so-called black school at that]but is told that his sat scores aren't high enough to get in[SAT'S another stumbling block for the black trying to get in college]so what's a young blackman to do,we know that he's not gonna work at micky d's so here comes good old uncle sam to the rescue-JOIN THE ARMY SON AND SEE THE WORLD,oh they leave out the part about you just might get your head blown off,yes my son was one of the many caught in this vicous cycle and he was blessed to have come home in one peice but alot of young brothers aren't so fortunate..AMERICA,AMERICA GOD SHED HIS GRACE ON THEE???

9. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22
    Each of the posts to this thread highlites the ambiguity of our history and american patriotism. I too served in the military, and was many years ago stationed at Ft. Sill in Lawton Okla. While there I was informed that an amusement park that I would pass daily on my way to base had been closed, it was segregated and blacks kept wanting to 'get in', the solution was to close it rather than force whites to comingle in their leisure with brother and sister soldiers. At that time black soldiers were willingly killing the Vietnamese.
    I am also the father of an Iraq war veteran, (I advised against his enlistment) and the uncle of four Iraq war veterans. As a matter fact my nephew spent a year recuperating at Walter Reed hospital, he has been fighting for months to keep his severely injured leg. My son suffered a fractured spine in northern Iraq, he was immediately removed and sent to Germany for treatment, where he was repeatedly asked to return to the 101st the unit he was assigned to. He refused, he had had enough of Iraq and the daily killing, he being so 'short' avoided the back door draft, otherwise known as "stop Loss". when he was shipped back to the states the military had 'overpaid' him "bonus money" him by a few hundred dollars. They immediately corrected this by subtracting all of the overpayment in such a way he had nothing to live on in the ensuing weeks. There is a benefit to this service, and it is the only reason I ever suggest a young brother or sister consider such a thing. The weapons training! My willingness to sacrifice life and limb for amerikkka, resolved in my mind that I should be as willing to do so for the Collective. Other than that I never advise a young man or woman to enlist.

10. YungMiss

YungMiss Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +7
    about the SATs

Just commenting on the SAT scores not being high enough..the colleges dont base your entry soely on SAT scores. It is a combination of High School GPA/Ranking and SAT and/or ACT scores. If you do good in High School then you shouldnt have a problem rigardless of your SAT/ACT score.

The SAT is just something to help. The lower your GPA was the higher you need to score on the SATs and the alternative is an ACT which is known to be an easier test.

If you do well on the SAT it can provide you with certain scholarship for college. Also keep in mind you can take the SAT/ACT as many times as you like to get a decent score and they also have books and websites on each test. The tests do cost money but you can get waivers if you have financial need.

I personally only took the SAt one time and basically got tired of going back and forth through reading and math (plus I got bored/sleepy)..so I didnt get a very outstanding score. I didnt even attempt to take the ACTs because i didnt feel like getting up that morning and taking a 3 hour or so long test (yeah I know this sounds bad). However due to the fact that I worked hard throughout all of my school years my GPA/Ranking speaks for itself.. thus making the SAT/ACT not a big deal because they can see that I can apply myself in school.

Another thing people talk about is money for school. Hardly anyone has money laying around to go to school with thats why there is money avaliable in scholarships, grants, and loans. Sure you have to work your butt off to get them but think about it your not the only one who needs that money and they want it to go out to those people who show some kind of promise. Would you just give thousands of dollars to someone who stick their hands out and says they "need" it? Sadly some people who get some of this money still dont put it to good use.. and they try to cut back on that as much as possible.. and when/if those people are caught wasting that money they will have to pay it back ( its only right).

The point is if you really, really, really want to go to college you can do it! Dont make excuses just do what you have to do to get where you want to be. Just be smart about it and plan things. "Begin with end in mind."