Black Money Business Jobs : Why Blacks aren't getting into the Lucrative Cannabis Business

Inanna

Dec 2, 2014
Wow. You do not by any stretch of the imagination need 2 million dollars to start a dispensary. You don't need 1 million, and you don't need 500,000 dollars. You don't even need half or a quarter of that. 10 racks can open a dispensary and make you a million+ in a year. I personally know a few black men who own or have owned dispensaries, made millions, got raided and started a new business or just reopened elsewhere. Black dispensary owners in black neighborhoods have NO problems getting customers or cash. Running with the police, yea, but you really don't need to be rich to start up. At all. Not in California at least. Idk about Washington/Colorado but I imagine it can't cost that much, esp. If you started early.

ceebee

Sep 23, 2015
Boxes.. Thinking in boxes! There is an entire industry spawning, selling isn't the only, or best market.
The vaporizer/CO2 market is opening up, there are consulting and growing opportunities ...
new professions are being created...

Khasm13

STAFF
STAFF
Mar 26, 2003
Wow. You do not by any stretch of the imagination need 2 million dollars to start a dispensary. You don't need 1 million, and you don't need 500,000 dollars. You don't even need half or a quarter of that. 10 racks can open a dispensary and make you a million+ in a year. I personally know a few black men who own or have owned dispensaries, made millions, got raided and started a new business or just reopened elsewhere. Black dispensary owners in black neighborhoods have NO problems getting customers or cash. Running with the police, yea, but you really don't need to be rich to start up. At all. Not in California at least. Idk about Washington/Colorado but I imagine it can't cost that much, esp. If you started early.
And where is this i must ask?

One love
Khasm

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
I have no idea why more Black people aren't taking advantage of this opportunity.... But there are some jobs that seem more like a target is pointed at them than others. I think the police and all governing bodies would be SUPER focused on a Black owned marijuana dispensary more than they would target other people. Communities would rally and be more successful preventing a Black owned spot in their neighborhoods. If you ask me... it would be more trouble than it's worth

Inanna

Dec 2, 2014
Because the fuzz would target them for raids...you have to have almost 2 mil to start a dispensery along with having the right paperwork...that is a big gamble when the boys still have the power to run u out of business....

One love
Khasm
http://www.theweedblog.com/the-high-cost-of-a-marijuana-dispensary/
Certain states can run you up to $500,000* in state licensing fees. This is the most amount I've heard of being spent to startup, but these states have strict quantity laws.

Khasm13

STAFF
STAFF
Mar 26, 2003
http://www.theweedblog.com/the-high-cost-of-a-marijuana-dispensary/
Certain states can run you up to $500,000* in state licensing fees. This is the most amount I've heard of being spent to startup, but these states have strict quantity laws.
500,000 in liquid assets...that is huge and the reason why i came with the figure of 2 mil...in these states a very small percentage of black folks would even be in the discussion for a loan of a half a mil...

One love
Khasm

Da Flash

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 10, 2007
The OC............for now!
Occupation
professional internet surfer
From the limited amount of research that I've done, I believe that Bro Khasm13 is correct. Startup and the po-po are 2 big reason. If Sista Inanna would care to go into a bit more detail, I'm all ears!

I thought about this after the first time I visited a dispensary. You can make money hand over fist if you run a good operation!!!!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz