Black People : Why Black Folks Don't Get Along With Black Folks

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Tariq Muhammad, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Tariq Muhammad

Tariq Muhammad Active Member MEMBER

Computer Sales & Repair
    Ratings:
    +25
    Even before the riots following the Rodney king beating caught on camera,many of us in the black community were already asking the question why can't we all get along?With no disrespect to those in our community who believe that black folks will never get along,culture conscious black that are in love with themselves have no problem being in peace and harmony among their own kind. Well what category do the rest of us fall into,if true black people by nature get along with each other? Many of the present thought in the black man's psyche are largely due to centuries of conditioning of internal self-hatred for ourselves. Hatred directly connected to the guidance and rule of our oppressors.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

:toast:

Well said, Bro Tariq!

3. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    I agree wholeheartedly. We did not get along then and more so now. That is our amerikkkan history. As the years go by we become more and more diverse. There is no one size fit all shoe. We have a wide range of theories, ideologies, religions, shades, likes , dislikes, those that have been formally educated and beleive in the system, verses those that have a broader range of education. We have age, stage of life ones in, maturity and a wide range of wisdom, insight, and deep dempt when we ultimately share, hear and exercise.

Yet we are TAUGHT to assemble with JUST those of like minds. That's boring, and limits us.

Where as the most precious of gems, highest in value, comes when we are focused on the same goals that benefit us collectively. Deep love and respect , and to learn how to value our differences, allows us to use all resources to benefit us ALL as human beings.

Peace

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    When the so and so forth hits the fan.....

Black folks drop old grudges and chip in to help each other with love courtesy and respect and that was the TRUE story about NO during Katrina,

and the real story in the hard areas of Brooklyn during that August Black out a few years ago!

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    However we have yet to have any serious discussion regarding the gang phenomenon , in the midstates, and the south and wether or not the situation is emelioratieng or getting worse.

6. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    That used to have some validity to it, but ummmmmmmm I'm not so sure now, my friend. As we assimilated into white society we lost an genuine part of our spirit with each passing generation. In short, The masses are slowly becoming just like them.

We learn to divide by class , skin color, and don't be an Jamaican black, or trinidadian.............. We "swear" that they are not our family.

At one time , Yes, when it got rough we had each other. NOW, We are the ones loading each other up with the bricks.

Peace

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    This is not some testimony about some ole glory days in the south in the 60s somewhere, the unity mentioned happened in the recent total Black out in NYC a few years back and the horor of Katrina in the 9th ward.

the only ones that folks are hot about are political sellouts

8. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379
    Im a darkskin brother and you don't know how many times I got or get put down by my own people because of my darkskin - even more than White people -which is Crazy but true, if we are still on this: LOOK how Black that N***A is menatlity , things will never change, we are still stuck on Light skin VS. Darkskin, Good Hair VS. Bad Hair.etc etc, B.S. issues, all these things can be connected to the Willie Lynch Syndrome, some say there was no such person, BUT, whoever wrote what they did, those things sure came to pass because look how we treat each other now? If I have to watch my back by getting jack by another brother over some B.S. then how far have we really come as a people?

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    what state is all that hell going on in?

10. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379

Right in New Jersey BROTHER

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why blacks dont get along

2. blacks cant get along

3. why blacks cant get along

4. why black men dont get along each other,
  5. Do black people get along with other blacks?,
  6. black people:cant get along with each other