Black People : Why Black Communities need to rebuild New Orleans

soulsearcher

BANNED
Nov 6, 2005
Why Black Businesses Must Rebuild New Orleans

November's BLACK ENTERPRISE Examines the Devastating Impact of Hurricane Katrina on Black Businesses and How to Save Them

New York, NY (PRNewswire) - One of the biggest casualties of Hurricane Katrina has been black business. In the November BLACK ENTERPRISE special report "Blown Away By Katrina," Features Editor Alan Hughes found that approximately 60,000 black-owned companies along the Gulf Coast had been ravaged by the hurricane. The impact on black businesses in the gulf region
will be "dire," says Eugene Cornelius Jr., district director for Louisiana Office, U.S. Small Business Administration.

The immediate effects are obvious: the instant devastation of businesses and the complete loss of markets. In Mississippi alone, more than 2,000 black-owned businesses generating sales and receipts of $126 million were severely affected. In Louisiana some 20,000 black companies that generated nearly $866 million were impacted by the storm.

http://www.blacknews.com/pr/rebuild101.html

Does anyone have information about the Wa****aw community that was/is supposed to have been located in New Orleans? I asked in chat, but noone seemed to know. The Wa****aw are supposed to be an indigenous community of Blacks who are landholders from ancient times. I'm curious because they were supposed to have had to challenge the Louisiana Purchase to get back land that was wrongfully taken from them...and I wonder how much of that land is being manipulated during the upheaval there.

Blaklioness said:
Does anyone have information about the Wa****aw community that was/is supposed to have been located in New Orleans? I asked in chat, but noone seemed to know. The Wa****aw are supposed to be an indigenous community of Blacks who are landholders from ancient times. I'm curious because they were supposed to have had to challenge the Louisiana Purchase to get back land that was wrongfully taken from them...and I wonder how much of that land is being manipulated during the upheaval there.

Why is it starred out?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back