Black Spirituality Religion : Why attack Islam?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by I-khan, Mar 31, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Now I am no muslim or Christian but I have been around many "devout christians" and other individuals that purposefully read the Quran to look for negative things within it so that they can parade it around and call it evil.This bothers me because those individuals use the current wave of "Islamic terrorism" to justify themselves.
    The media plays a big role as well,any time a "terrorist" is identified and/or caught the first thing they say is "a muslim terrorist organization" but will not point out the various priests accused of rape in the various Christian churchs and call them a "christian organization" or anything of the likes.I recently met a muslim girl who was HEAVILY criticized(almost to the point of physical assault) for studying her religion and doing research into Christianity as well as Judaism,but when a Christian does research into Islam they get the thumbs up.

What do you all think?

2. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I think people attempt to attack that which they do not understand out of fear, especially if they see some power in it and it is foreign to them. Of course there is a double standard because America is a so-called Judeo-Christian society. Certainly, the behavior you pointed out is not true of all Christians, just the same as all muslims aren't terrorrists. I would even argue that the notion of terrorism conflicts with the principles of Islam (a religion of peace) itself, but that is a different story.

Pointing out the negative in something else is a tactic to turn others away from it and ultimately put what you believe on a pedastal. In the mind of the person that does this, it justifies for him/her why her/she DOESN'T believe in that other thing. Sometimes it's a "recruiting" tactic and sometimes it's defense of insecurity about one's own faith/belief.

What I also find frustrating is that when you label yourself as a member of a particular religion, it is as if you have taken sides in the eyes of others and they perceive you based on some vague stereotype of what you are all about simply because of that.

3. Khonsu

Khonsu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hotep

If I may add to your post .
    First I must say I Agree with what you said above . And it is a WAR against Islam . And it call world Dominats / Democracy . Meaning their Teacher / Minsiter / Pastor / Imaan / Afican clutues Etc . Etc . Teach their Congregate to Hate / Put -Down other people belif's In the name of saying their God is better . You know the story my God is bettter then you God . Its happening right in this forum .

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Khonsu ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

Is my God better than your God? (what would your answer be)

That is how they want us to think. That is how they keep us divided.

On this forum and every where else ... we must all resist it ... in order to change it.

:heart:

Destee

5. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Theology of Time...Acestrial Kemet and todys Religions*

Hotep

It is not good to attack...but slef defence is the "first" law of "nature". Before there was any such thing as "religions" as we know today...there has always been "Spirituality" and always will be. Things that have a start have a end and that is to say...there is a time for every thing to last until that thing is over shadowed by a "Greater" thing. What is greater than "religion" and what exactly is so-called religions?? What was before the religions as we know today? What did the "African" ancestors have in the past that was "Greater" than any thing we can know today with out going back to it is..."Spirituality" in it's pure unchanged, un-distorted and unbios state. History tells us that before Jews, Christians, Muslims and all others...had these modern "Religions" there was the "Traditional Spirituality still found is Kemet...that is given from the "Creator" from the begining of the Earth and Time of Creation. They did not have "Religions"...religion was given to different people in different "Times" and different so-called "Ethinic" groups (but not Africans because we already knew the Creator through the Spirituality we were created with) who had "Lost" their "hue-manity" and became savage and needed "Prist / Prophets" sent to them to help them return to a "Spiritual" life. But as history tells us agin, agin and agin these "Prist / Prophets" were killed or attempts were made on each of them and after their "Deaths" their "Messages" were all systematicly changed and divided into "Sects" that have come down to us today. At the same time the Kemetic reality has remained the same through out "Time". Every so-called "Religion" on "Earth" got it's "Start" from the "origenal" so-called African or Kemetic traditional Spirituality. Every so-called religion with the "Exception" of Islam tought in the west by teachers such as Noble Drew Ali and Elijah Muhammad were forced on Africans and Africans in America. None were introduced with the "Love" of the origenal teachers (Prist / Prophets) but with "Invasions, war, murder, tourture and slavery". Today the African in America is learning after experiencing the "Worst" form of "Slavery" in the history of the "Earth" that his and her "Ancestors" knew and communicated directly with the "Creator" before any so-called "Religions" was "Forced" on them by "Western indoeuropeans" including Arabs. We have used and are still useing "Religions" to come together and find ways to "Free" ourselves from "All" western oppresors including Arabs who have no better record of treating the Kemites or commonly called Africans and Africans in America. Today the so-called Islamic Arabs are in the land of our Ancestors calling it theirs and continue the traditions of their brothers in claiming they are the builders of the great civilizations known today as "Egypt" and that is a "Total-Lie". Kemet was very "Ancient" befor the indoeuropeans came out of the "Cave Life" with no civilizations, music, poetry, math, sciences, knowedge of self, writeing , agriculture ect. but was live-ing a "Savage-Beast" life untill they ventured out of "Europe" and found "Us" the Kemites living in compleat "Harmony" and injoying "All" that only a "Harmonious" life can bring. They were sick with envy and jelousy when they first came in contact with "our" so-called African Ancestors. History is "No" secret! Don't take any ones word for it...study, rescerch and know for your self how they came to be ware they are now and how we came to be ware we are now! So now today as we are begining to learn "Right Knowledge" we are starting to learn that if we had a past that is greater than any thing any one knows today...and at the same time all so-called religions tell us that some one else is greater by having all major "Holy" places in other than "Africa" but in "europe" of "All" places and telling "Us" that the so-called "Jews" are G-d's chosen people...ware does that leave the Black People??? We have to tell the truth today and expose the Lies, Distortions, the re-writeing of "History" (by the indoeuropeans) to put the (origenal black people of the earth) Kemites or African at the "bottom of civilizations"...even in Arabia. Our place is no ware near the bottom of any ware but as long as we keep following "Strangers" who told us we belong at the bottom...we will forever be "Slaves" of some kind to "them"!! We owe the world "Nothing"..."We" have taken nothing from them but have given "Everything"!! Now it is our time to "Rise" and "Be" who "We" are suppose to "Be" at the top of "Civilization"...we will have to bring things "Back" into "Ballance"!! But we can only do that when we know and learn "Right Knowledge" or our traditional so-called African Spiriturality and know once agin who "We-Are". There will "Never" be a black Pope, black keeper of the Kaba or black any thing else at the top of any of the so-called "Religions" we have learned to follow after they were forced on "Us" by strangers....but only in Kemet as we return to the spirituality of "Our" ancestors who could communicate with the "Creator". People Know Thy Self

Ase`

http://thetruthcenter.com/
    http://www.nbufront.org/html/MastersMuseums/DocBen/SpreadOfAfricanCulture.html
    http://www.theearthcenter.com

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Brother, I "think" it is the way that many of us have been conditioned by society to relate to each other this way. Of course there are many who have bought into partisian racial and national politics which tend to be xenophobic and the corporate media plays upon the feeling of insecurity of the unknown.

In all due respect, I can not blame all of this simply on ignorance because there are quite a number of Black people, many of whom are adherents of ATR's who also view Islam in a negative manner, particularly as a result of the impact that Islamic cultural expansion has had on their traditional cultures. Escalating tensions and cukltural conflict in Nigeria is one example. The situations in Sudan and Mauritania are others.

7. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Allow me to elaborate,from my experiences the attitude towards Islam is very different between blacks and whites,not to make an overzealous generalization,but the only people I have encountered that have discriminated verbally and at some attempts physically against Muslims are white,and the victims are usually black or Arab.I have not met any black people that outright discriminate against Islam and its practitioners.Not to say that certain individuals do not exist,a relative once told me: "Do not hate others for their religions since we as people created their religions and they took it,we can embody the purest form of the religion wether we acknowledge it or not."

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Brother I would suggest some travelling to certain parts of the Sudan, Nigeria, or Eastern Afrika which have large populations of Arkican "Christians" or ATR proponants and teach to them the need to submit to the will of ALLAH..

I am sure you will have quite a different experience..

Also, how does someone "verbally discriminate" against someone?? (just asking, not challenging)

9. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    About 7 days ago I heard a whiteboy who was sitting behind me at lunch say to a passing muslim student that : "These rag-head muslims are going to learn that our god will allow us to wipe their sorry ***** off this earth worshippin allah and all of that bull****.

10. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    I am limited in my travels,so I guess you are correct