The Front Porch : Why Aren't We Standing Up For OBAMACARE?

Are You For Or Against ObamaCare?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • What's ObamaCare?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aaron

Jul 11, 2012
Downtown, USA
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Very understandable aaron. Here are two (2) indisputable facts at the end of the day; more Americans get private medical insurance and insurance companies have to spend a higher percentage of premiums on actual health care... whether the Act is modified or not.

Peace In,
"Most" Americans do get private medical insurance, but a lot of Americans can't afford medical coverage (especially for a family) and most don't qualify for Medicaid. This is especially true for the underemployed. In fact, a lot of employers have began to cut benefits entirely (thanks to our unstable economy - at least that's the excuse). I know at least two people with graduate degrees making roughly $40,000, with no benefits. I couldn't pay a $275-$400 monthly premium for healthcare and the cost of living. I'm not really concerned about how much insurance companies pay in premiums either. There's a reason why the spend higher percentages of their profits to debunk any form of "Socialized Medicine". Trust me, insurance companies aren't the ones hurting from increased healthcare cost. So, I definitely believe more can be done. It hasn't happened because doing more would take money out of someone's pocket.

aaron

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
"Most" Americans do get private medical insurance, but a lot of Americans can't afford medical coverage (especially for a family) and most don't qualify for Medicaid. This is especially true for the underemployed. In fact, a lot of employers have began to cut benefits entirely (thanks to our unstable economy - at least that's the excuse). I know at least two people with graduate degrees making roughly $40,000, with no benefits. I couldn't pay a $275-$400 monthly premium for healthcare and the cost of living. I'm not really concerned about how much insurance companies pay in premiums either. There's a reason why the spend higher percentages of their profits to debunk any form of "Socialized Medicine". Trust me, insurance companies aren't the ones hurting from increased healthcare cost. So, I definitely believe more can be done. It hasn't happened because doing more would take money out of someone's pocket.

aaron

... The first premise is simply not true, "most" don't get private insurance. And your second premise explains why the Act is beneficial for nearly 30 million Americans; also it tells why we should support it, the Act seeks to enlarge Medicaid recipients. All other highlights are the reasons why this Thread asks the question: Why Aren't We Standing Up For Obamacare?

Peace In,

aaron

Jul 11, 2012
Downtown, USA

I def. believe it's needed. In theory, the proposed plan would be great. However, I just don't believe we'll ever see it implemented. Why? Because our brother President Obama is just the figurehead of much larger and more powerful (fill in the blank). Passively waiting for the government to take care of the "underbelly" of society will yield no change. So, my lack of support is not aimed at the plan, but the repeated failure of our government to take care of all its citizens regardless of race, etc.

... The first premise is simply not true, "most" don't get private insurance. And your second premise explains why the Act is beneficial for nearly 30 million Americans; also it tells why we should support it, the Act seeks to enlarge Medicaid recipients. All other highlights are the reasons why this Thread asks the question: Why Aren't We Standing Up For Obamacare?

Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I def. believe it's needed. In theory, the proposed plan would be great. However, I just don't believe we'll ever see it implemented. Why? Because our brother President Obama is just the figurehead of much larger and more powerful (fill in the blank). Passively waiting for the government to take care of the "underbelly" of society will yield no change. So, my lack of support is not aimed at the plan, but the repeated failure of our government to take care of all its citizens regardless of race, etc.

... When you mention Government, let's be specific, its the Republicans that are against national health care. The Republican House has or will vote to repeal the Act. President Obama has nothing at all to do with that... In fact, it was the Republicans that claimed the mandate was unconstitutional. So its hard for me to go along with your position on the President.

Peace In,

aaron

Jul 11, 2012
Downtown, USA

I used to think there was a difference between the two parties, but they all have the same interests. Look where the funding comes from on
both sides. Those funding sources are linked to specific groups/people/companies with their own agendas that usually don't involve those at the bottom. There has def. been a disconnect between our state and the people. Money drives all, period. It's not about doing what's right. Social medicine has been successful in Canada, France, the UK, etc. Why not make that one less thing the masses have to worry about. We live in a very selfish society top/down. If we didn't this health care issue would be a non issue.

aaron

... When you mention Government, let's be specific, its the Republicans that are against national health care. The Republican House has or will vote to repeal the Act. President Obama has nothing at all to do with that... In fact, it was the Republicans that claimed the mandate was unconstitutional. So its hard for me to go along with your position on the President.

Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I used to think there was a difference between the two parties, but they all have the same interests. Look where the funding comes from on
both sides. Those funding sources are linked to specific groups/people/companies with their own agendas that usually don't involve those at the bottom. There has def. been a disconnect between our state and the people. Money drives all, period. It's not about doing what's right. Social medicine has been successful in Canada, France, the UK, etc. Why not make that one less thing the masses have to worry about. We live in a very selfish society top/down. If we didn't this health care issue would be a non issue.

aaron

... All of what you say has a ring of truth, I'll give you that; but you are unable to make the dichotomy between the Parties... You have no suitable argument for the fact-situation presented against the Right Wing establishment: Tea Party and Republicans consisting of old fat white men.

Peace In,

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: