Black Relationships : Why Arent We Marrying?

These studies are often skewed because they often compare married people to single people who have been divorced (rather than never married single people), the people who are married are still married rather than single/divorced because they have exceptionally happy marriages whereas many of the single people are single because they've gotten out of very unhappy relationships, and for other reasons as well. Even if there is a correlation between marriage and happiness, one does not directly require the other. I'm for marriage if it makes other people happy but one thing I don't understand is this 'collectivist' attitude that people are morally obligated to get married and have children, for the sake of the community I guess. The fact is that people get married for their own selfish reasons. I also think that marriage as a legal institution should be abolished.

Sorry, I just saw this.

I disagree with your point. Many studies have been done on always been singles. So, you are wrong on this. Your premise seems to be that the singles and divorcees that end the bad relationships become cynical and jaded. Making the last loser they were with the last person they will ever love. Though there are those that fit in this category, the fact that divorcees and break ups happen over and over again, says you're wrong.

The collectivist attitude is because centuries of studies show married is better for the individual and the community. You are attempting to fly in the face of the facts.

.:em0200:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back