Black Relationships : Why Arent We Marrying?

We good.

I have been married and I have been in committed relationships. As long as the vow and committment is the same what difference does it make whether you have papers or not? You can leave a relationships as easily as you can leave a marriage. So.......?

It's not quite that easy to get out of a marriage. There are still formalities and forms to fill out

:em0200:

Last edited:
Peace,

Indeed. Then lets deal with the present. Again, what are the positives of marriage that if one does not enter into one, they are wrong and destined to failure? A couple could just as easily draw up living wills or LLCs and do the same thing as a marriage contract without having the gubment all up in the business.

Are you only advocating marriage because of your religious belief?

Peace

The studies say that marriage brings a longer, healthier and wealthier life for the male. That's three positives vs staying single or living together

:toast:

Last edited:
[
That leaves one slot open in my harem. Any takers? I know the answer is no.
NOT SO FAST!
Wait a minute. I gotta get out my shovel and calculator....[/quote]

What are you? Morbid? That would make sense if I had said I was a 99 year old virgin. But, I did not say that. I said I have had problems with African women in America my entire life, starting when my mother first tried to kill me when I was so little, only a todler. It took me 40 years to figure it out. She lied and told me that it was my father was first tried. Maybe it was. I was too young to knoe for sure. But, it was not my father who tried to kill me when I was 5 years old.[/quote]

abdurratln said:
medusanegrita said:
abdurratln said:
Except that women, especially African women, in America have lost their ever loving minds.
Why do you say?
Also, I said I did not know why. But, I would advise you to study the history of African sociology in this country. The vast majority of the slaves brought here men, not women. The few women who were brought probably developed a disproprtionate sense of their worth in the community. It is not inconceivable that they started to have multiple husbands and lovers on the side. Maybe this would be a good place to start. I do not know.

Your last two responses were interesting, but I don't know what that had to do with a n y t h i n g... on your previous comments and my reply to them :10500:

But I'm good. No further explanation needed.

It's not quite that easy to get out of a marriage. There are still formalities and forms to fill out

Not really. I know where one can get an uncontested divorce for $300. From start to finish it takes 2 weeks. I know of another chick who divorced her husband with a signature from him and she did all the paperwork herself.

The ease in and out is not the issue. The issue is the lack of commitment. and I don't see why a piece of goverment issued paper makes one relationship better than the other.

Peace

Not really. I know where one can get an uncontested divorce for $300. From start to finish it takes 2 weeks. I know of another chick who divorced her husband with a signature from him and she did all the paperwork herself.
I could have got one for less than that if I didn't have chillun. That raised up the priced.

But I agree there is a lot of formality and money to getting a divorced.

And yes, you can have a lack of commitment in a marriage and in ummarried relationships. But from what I'm getting from the women - that paper sorta forces the commitment issue so you don't have the easy way out like you have when you aren't married. A lot of folks like that formality of divorce and the not-so-easy-way out.

Marriage can be more of an entrapment than having a child thinking it will keep somebody near you or in your life.

Again.... in the words of that song
'I GOT PAPERS! AND YOU PAY ME TO GET OUT OF IT!'

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back