Black Relationships : Why Arent We Marrying?

explain that discipline part?

Well, as you stated, people are promiscuous as ever these days. To commit oneself to one partner for well... forever shows a discipline not many have.

Not to mention being with someone forever means having to control sides of yourself that beforehand were maybe okay flying free. To get along with your husband/wife discipline of the mind and body is required.

Let me help you out here, allow me to know if you agree or disagree, etc. As "SwagII" sees it, "One of the most obvious benefits of marriage is the fact you're entering into a commitment to live with and love the person of your choice for the rest of your natural life, etc., throughout all challenges that life offers, a dedicated lover will be there (should be) for you. As in marriage you do not, or should not, have to face anything alone, as you are considered a unit by family, friends, etc." For example, entering into a relationship that provides mutual satisfaction in the social, emotional and physical realms easily advocates the marriage relationship. Perhaps for many, I consider that marriage may benefit your long-term psychological, physical and financial health. Perhaps actually saying "I do" can be good for you. That's my two cents!

Why is there such a rush, a need, etc. for folks to get married anyway? Hell, many folks are just content with dating, shacking, etc. As I see it, words in a marriage become "we" there is no "I" anymore, etc. Which gender pushes for marriage quicker these days, "men or women?" Other than for long term benefit, etc. Marriage ought be put off until one is absolutely sure that it's what they want, etc. As we known marriage creates families, several families if you tell it like it is, etc. While divorce rates are still soaring, etc. Most women that I meet these days have been married, some several times, etc. Hell, I often wondered what happened to all that love they had for each other, etc. In my view, apparently somebody just didn't do their homework, etc. Often I hear, "he or she. wasn't like that when I met him", etc. As I see it, just enjoy life, when that person and or time comes, you'll really know it, etc. But proceed slowly, etc.

How do you know when you're ready for marriage?

How do you know the person you want to be married to?

Forever...is monogamy forced on us by society or is it a natural feeling?

What happens with some couples who have been together for a long time, get married and then decide soon after to separate or divorce?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back