Black Relationships : Why Arent We Marrying?

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
ALSO....

Not getting married is not new. All of us have more than one relative that was in a longterm committed relationship. And you thought they were married until something hapened to one of them. Why all the concern now?

abdurratln

Feb 27, 2007
ALSO....

Not getting married is not new. All of us have more than one relative that was in a longterm committed relationship. And you thought they were married until something hapened to one of them. Why all the concern now?
Anyone who co-habits for seven years or more is legally married under English law upon which American law is based. That non-sense you are talking is nothing but an attempt to rationalize insanity and social pathology. We have had enough of this. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Charles IKS

Mar 27, 2010
Anyone who co-habits for seven years or more is legally married under English law upon which American law is based. That non-sense you are talking is nothing but an attempt to rationalize insanity and social pathology. We have had enough of this. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Maybe this can be considered a "probationary period" to see if you are really meant for each other? Just a thought.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Not really. I know where one can get an uncontested divorce for $300. From start to finish it takes 2 weeks. I know of another chick who divorced her husband with a signature from him and she did all the paperwork herself.

The ease in and out is not the issue. The issue is the lack of commitment. and I don't see why a piece of goverment issued paper makes one relationship better than the other.

Peace

Many dont have the $300, in this economy. But as I said, there are still forms to fill out. lol

The real commentary is that people view marriage that lightly. I know today, you cant get married in a church unless you go through a formal vetting ( pre marriage counseling ) process.

:em0200:

Last edited:

Precise Allah

Jun 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
Occupation
Peacemaker
Peace,

You are uninformed and misguided. You think common-law marriages mean something in all 52 states? You'll be lucky to find a handful of states that even acknowledge them any more. Good try though. So basically if one ain't religious they're now insane and social pathologies? Are you the religious poster person or something?

I'll ask you the same question I asked the other person who didn't answer. What non-religious benefits are there to getting married?

Peace

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: