Black Relationships : Why Arent We Marrying?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Last edited:

medusanegrita

Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
All the men are gay, locked up, and dating white women.
All the women's standards are too high, they are too stuck up, too angry, too hostile, too ghetto.

Or so that's what I heard... :10500:

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
All the men are gay, locked up, and dating white women.
All the women's standards are too high, they are too stuck up, too angry, too hostile, too ghetto.

Or so that's what I heard... :10500:
ALL? That's kind of an overstatement...but not by much...

But I can see this thread is going to be another "battle of the sexes"...

kde

Oct 26, 2009
Well, I can attest to the fact that married black folks are a minority within a minority. And I write about this and a range of related issues on my blog, Black Married Momma: The Anti-Statistic.

Many of today's adults have never seen a healthy, functioning marriage, so they have no representative example or template of how commitment really works and looks for the long haul.

Many of today's men and women, too, have grown up as victims of divorce or the unintended offspring of non-commital liasions, from one-night stands to dating relationships. They've never known their mothers and fathers to be husbands and wives, merely "baby mommas" and "baby daddies."

Many black girls turned women are raised to go it alone, to be autonomous, strong, independent, only for these warnings and suggestions to become a self-fulfilling prophecy - they may be strong and educated, but they are also alone. You can't holler about not needing a man and expect a good one to gravitate toward you!

Anyway, I could go on. I'll be checking on how this thread goes!

MsInterpret

Apr 21, 2007
Washington
Well I can speak for myself and say that I have seen a healthy marriage that works...My Parents (30-some years)...They are the only couple in my immediate family that has still been together

Marriage isn't for every...I'm not even sure it's for me...

Marriage is not a requirement

I don't need to get married to feel fulfilled...Now I know some women (and men) who think that they need to be married NOW or their life is ruined

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: