Black Entertainment : Why aren't movies made about the current black plight?

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Brutha Khasm brought up a good point in another thread. I started this one because I didn't want that point to get lost in the other thread.

But why is there no movies made about current issues that face our race like? Is it (like he said) we don't want to see them, or is it a money issue, meaning they would do badly at the box office. Look at what is going on in Chicago, and around the nation. If we aren't killing ourselves, Yt is killing us, and both of these situation have a cause behind them.

I think a good place to start is how drugs got introduced into many of our communities in the first place.

What do you think?

Peace!

Brutha Khasm brought up a good point in another thread. I started this one because I didn't want that point to get lost in the other thread.

But why is there no movies made about current issues that face our race like? Is it (like he said) we don't want to see them, or is it a money issue, meaning they would do badly at the box office. Look at what is going on in Chicago, and around the nation. If we aren't killing ourselves, Yt is killing us, and both of these situation have a cause behind them.

I think a good place to start is how drugs got introduced into many of our communities in the first place.

What do you think?

Peace!
As far as how drugs got introduced don't forget.American Gangster.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0765429/

i would say for the most part black people have accepted their condition in this country...not all but most...if this assumption is correct then the next logical deduction is that we do not want to see movies that try to break us from this condition...not all but most...
the black male life is worthless in this country...this will not change until we change it...but for that to happen we have to become upset with our condition...

if u have a black talk radio station on the am dial in your city i would start there...just to stay abreast of the stories that aren't carried on the local "news" program...
here is one in chicago http://www.wvon.com/

maybe hearing what going on from an intelligent black perspective will start more black people getting upset with "our condition"...because all the paths that lead to our salvation lead back to us....

one love
khasm

what is the purpose of media?

is it to make a buck? is it to teach? is it to maintain the status quo?

anything that you like, that you accept uncritically, can be turned and used as a weapon against you.

see : hip hop nee rap…….

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back