Black Spirituality Religion : Why Aren't Folk Lining Up To Die?

Thanks everyone for responding ...

Sister Purple ... you're so sweet! :love:

Sister Nita Mae ... i have a question about some of what you said ... you said, "We fear what we don't know." ... and you also said ... "Even if we know that on the otherside there's everlasting rest, peace and the end of sorrow." ... and you said this too ... "The truth is, we really don't know what it will be like to die." ... i think this speaks to the heart of the matter. We want to claim that we know what is on the other side, because of the texts written telling us about it, but we really don't know. If we knew that it was all folk claim it to be, we'd be trying to get there ... just like folk were moving to California during the gold rush days ... but it's because we don't know, that we are staying put. Knowing and believing are 2 different things, and when push comes to shove, it's what folk know ... the here and now ... that wins out over anything they may want to believe.

Brother J'hiah ... you can say that, but that's not really what i'm asking about. Of course we can all live with our Creator now, but there is talk of rewards after death, of streets paved in gold, of no more sorrow, no more crying, etc. ... it is that time that i am speaking of ... and given the condition of the world today, so much hate, hunger, trials, tribulation ... why aren't those who believe what they've read, doing all they can to get there?! Is it because they don't really know? Is it because of some small amount of doubt, that what was written, is not true ... and it's easier to stick with life as you know it right now ... than cashing it all in for the pie in the sky?

Brother Radical Faith ... you made the following statement ... "Once we accept God and his word we become His servants." ... Does this mean we are God's slaves (assuming that servant and slave are synonymous)? I don't believe that God needs us for anything ... not to the point that if we weren't here, His will would not be done. He is God. So to justify not leaving here, going to that great reward in the sky, by saying God needs me ... hmmm, well, like i said, i don't believe God needs any of us like that. He can make the rocks cry out and praise His name. Does it say somewhere in the Bible, that God needs us? I do agree that taking one's own life might not be smiled upon by God, but we go way beyond not taking our own lives, in an effort not to die! It is that extra effort to live, for as long as we possibly can, that makes me wonder why aren't folk letting nature take its course, and dying ... so they can be with the Creator ... recieve the ultimate reward!

Again, thanks everyone who has responded thus far.

This reminds me of a saying i've heard for many years ...

Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

I think that speaks volumes regarding the belief folk claim to have.

:heart:

Destee

jamesfrmphilly said:
yo kid, check your PO box!

i did and i love you !!!!! :love: :kiss: :kiss: :love:

You are so wonderful to me ... Thank You Brother James!

Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!!!!!!

in an effort to stay on topic ... with friends like you on this side, i'm in no hurry to leave!

:heart:

Destee

The servant

Hey Sister Destee..

When I say servants I don't mean a mindless zombie or downtrodden laborer. When I say servant I mean His glorious child doing what He intended for us to. I don't believe we are here by happenstance all dilly nilly. There is a reason why we are all here. True God doesn't need us. God desires us because He enjoys and loves us. We are the apple of his eye. His loves us so much that he protects us even when we don't know Him. God gave us a choice and He wants us to choose Him. All the heavenly host do God bidding hands down. Not to speak for God but I believe if given a choice it pleases God immensely when we choose Him freely. That is what makes us special. We have no supernatural powers or superior wisdom and knowledge as the heavenly hosts do but we have God's love. To recognize that you have God's love is like being in heaven. How do we know what God intends for us to? Ask God.

Peace

Radical Faith said:
Hey Sister Destee..

When I say servants I don't mean a mindless zombie or downtrodden laborer. When I say servant I mean His glorious child doing what He intended for us to. I don't believe we are here by happenstance all dilly nilly. There is a reason why we are all here. True God doesn't need us. God desires us because He enjoys and loves us. We are the apple of his eye. His loves us so much that he protects us even when we don't know Him. God gave us a choice and He wants us to choose Him. All the heavenly host do God bidding hands down. Not to speak for God but I believe if given a choice it pleases God immensely when we choose Him freely. That is what makes us special. We have no supernatural powers or superior wisdom and knowledge as the heavenly hosts do but we have God's love. To recognize that you have God's love is like being in heaven. How do we know what God intends for us to? Ask God.

Peace

Radical had it right to say, we are vessels. It would be overwhelming for God to appear and do his own works. So he has a purpose and works thru us to do these things. ( My mother would tell me when you are speaking to individuals you really aren't sure if you were speaking to host of angels) Some times when I talk to total strangers I listen for God speaking thru them, I then listen more closely and give them extra attention. We do have a given time here. If you do not complete the mission then you are called home. The notion of asking to be used ( asking that he guides you and come into your life and save you from your own selfish wishes and desires ) is a free will, but can be used as God wishes. Everyday you wake shows he is working with and thru you.

To further answer your question. No one wants to die. With all of the one's you listed. The condition of the world today, so much hate, hunger, trials, tribulation ... One can see the beauty of the world in small things. We become robot like trying to press on ignoring the above things, while some are taken and consumed by the same. To look life directly into the eye is scary. It is that way because man has made it so.

What if we were already in heaven and the fight was to bring it back to the streets paved with gold? Those who keep it corrupted know that if they stopped the murder, illusion control and suffering. There would be heaven on earth.

What if when he ascended to heaven it was him coming up to us in sprit, instead of going up away from where we are?

Destee when I used to see the ladies that sat in the front pews of the church, they used to be ready to go home to our maker. They seemed to be lined up. That same sprit is lost today. To selfish misunderstanding. Lost vision. Lost purpose or something.

If heaven isn't here. Because I do not know when I will be called. I believe I am ready.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back