Black People : Why are you so sensitive?

[QUOTE="Clyde C Coger Jr, post: 968218, member: 12718" Not speaking for NNQueen of course, just chiming in here, but cyberspace for Black folk should not be just fun and games as it is for Whites. The playing field remains uneven for us still trapped in the Black diaspora.
/QUOTE]

With regard to fighting back Clyde, haven't YOU noted, noticed the way the destruction of the GAP community of Tulsa on June 1st 1921 is still totally marginalized and ignored TODAY by the status quo in general, their POWER ELITE’s sytematic mis-education system’s schools, colleges and mass media specifically?

Isn’t the Greenwood, Archer and Pine community of Tulsa is STILL a truly superb template of the WAY TO GO in the 21st century as [are Thomas Sakarna’s achievements in just 4 years in Burkina Faso and the welfare state Muamar Gaddafi created in Libya] opposed to an armed conflict which would just provide the so diverse range of despicably cowardly enemies/PARASITES we face with the pretext they'd like for either mass Black incarceration or simply wiping ALL of us out, wouldn't it?

All of which very obviously begs the question, doesn’t it, why are the political misleaders in our communities and countries so constantly focused on re-inventing the wheel in the 21st century; as isn’t their behavior either totally mindless STUPIDITY or despicably cowardly treachery?

[QUOTE="Clyde C Coger Jr, post: 968233, member: 12718" Absolutely, all of which explains why Black folk should take cyberspace more seriously, like Sis. NNQueen.

/QUOTE] But Clyde isn’t NNQueen/this thread about the more confrontational posters in cyberspace while in no way acknowledging the REALITY of the so very diverse array of TROLLS/cyberspace BATTERING RAMS focused on by any means necessary disrupting/controlling our discussions/debates?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
sanlorenzohead.jpg

But Clyde isn’t NNQueen/this thread about the more confrontational posters in cyberspace while in no way acknowledging the REALITY of the so very diverse array of TROLLS/cyberspace BATTERING RAMS focused on by any means necessary disrupting/controlling our discussions/debates?

View attachment 7115

You might want to ask her that question, Orisons.

[QUOTE="Clyde C Coger Jr, post: 968218, member: 12718" Not speaking for NNQueen of course, just chiming in here, but cyberspace for Black folk should not be just fun and games as it is for Whites. The playing field remains uneven for us still trapped in the Black diaspora.
/QUOTE]

With regard to fighting back Clyde, haven't YOU noted, noticed the way the destruction of the GAP community of Tulsa on June 1st 1921 is still totally marginalized and ignored TODAY by the status quo in general, their POWER ELITE’s sytematic mis-education system’s schools, colleges and mass media specifically?

Isn’t the Greenwood, Archer and Pine community of Tulsa is STILL a truly superb template of the WAY TO GO in the 21st century as [are Thomas Sakarna’s achievements in just 4 years in Burkina Faso and the welfare state Muamar Gaddafi created in Libya] opposed to an armed conflict which would just provide the so diverse range of despicably cowardly enemies/PARASITES we face with the pretext they'd like for either mass Black incarceration or simply wiping ALL of us out, wouldn't it?

All of which very obviously begs the question, doesn’t it, why are the political misleaders in our communities and countries so constantly focused on re-inventing the wheel in the 21st century; as isn’t their behavior either totally mindless STUPIDITY or despicably cowardly treachery?

[QUOTE="Clyde C Coger Jr, post: 968233, member: 12718" Absolutely, all of which explains why Black folk should take cyberspace more seriously, like Sis. NNQueen.

/QUOTE] But Clyde isn’t NNQueen/this thread about the more confrontational posters in cyberspace while in no way acknowledging the REALITY of the so very diverse array of TROLLS/cyberspace BATTERING RAMS focused on by any means necessary disrupting/controlling our discussions/debates?

[QUOTE="Clyde C Coger Jr, post: 968398, member: 12718" You might want to ask her that question, Orisons.

.../QUOTE] As the person who started this thread can’t NNQueen interject at any time/address any assertion or question, whereas with regard to your assertion re taking cyberspace more SERIOUSLY you do have a point, in that isn’t the really BIG challenge today sidestepping the trash/misinformative GARBAGE from the controlled mass media and TROLLS that is bombarding us constantly, while marginalizing, hiding or totally ignoring easily verifiable TRUTHS as standard?

[LaVentamonument1a.jpg

Last edited:
For me, this is quite simple and not very complex. Let’s learn and practice how to handle disagreements more respectfully. We don’t have time to be playing mental gymnastics or intellectual sparring just for the sake of crushing someone’s argument then beating our chests.

I do take this seriously because I have a sense of urgency about the condition of Black people today globally and in America, particularly. We are living in an interesting time and we need to approach our struggle differently. Seize the opportunity that the current political climate has handed to us and stake our future by claiming our destiny.

We need to get a grip on our emotions when dealing with the harsh reality that we must face every day. When you’re emotionally charged, you’re inclined to make more mistakes than when you’re cool headed and can apply reason to a situation and not feel the need to crush someone with hostile words that evaporate in the air and do nothing to advance Black people.

The fact that there are trolls who have a vested interest in disrupting harmony and destroying unity on discussion boards is still not a reason for us to get our blood pressure up and lash out at people when they write things that you strongly disagree with. No one here can speak for ALL Black people. If you think you can and do, it’s time to let that go because that’s not real.

Taking fun in belittling people you think are less informed or misinformed is not healthy for anyone--in my opinion. In fact, it’s toxic and pollutes a conversation. For those who get a kick out of doing that, it's like a drug that gives you a temporary high, but when the high wears off, what are you left with?

Trolls aside, what concerns me more than anything is to see those of us who have been coming here for years engaging in name calling and being condescending when opinions differ. I know how it makes me feel when my identity as a Black woman is called into question whenever I state an opinion that some Black people don't agree with or believe that's not the way a Black person should think. That is a very divisive way to behave and will always keep a wedge between us. Please, stop!

Many of us are out in our communities doing the “good” work. Let’s do the same here when we have the opportunity to teach, learn and share with respect.

That’s all I’m saying. :heart:

For me, this is quite simple and not very complex. Let’s learn and practice how to handle disagreements more respectfully. We don’t have time to be playing mental gymnastics or intellectual sparring just for the sake of crushing someone’s argument then beating our chests.

I do take this seriously because I have a sense of urgency about the condition of Black people today globally and in America, particularly. We are living in an interesting time and we need to approach our struggle differently. Seize the opportunity that the current political climate has handed to us and stake our future by claiming our destiny.

We need to get a grip on our emotions when dealing with the harsh reality that we must face every day. When you’re emotionally charged, you’re inclined to make more mistakes than when you’re cool headed and can apply reason to a situation and not feel the need to crush someone with hostile words that evaporate in the air and do nothing to advance Black people.

The fact that there are trolls who have a vested interest in disrupting harmony and destroying unity on discussion boards is still not a reason for us to get our blood pressure up and lash out at people when they write things that you strongly disagree with. No one here can speak for ALL Black people. If you think you can and do, it’s time to let that go because that’s not real.

Taking fun in belittling people you think are less informed or misinformed is not healthy for anyone--in my opinion. In fact, it’s toxic and pollutes a conversation. For those who get a kick out of doing that, it's like a drug that gives you a temporary high, but when the high wears off, what are you left with?

Trolls aside, what concerns me more than anything is to see those of us who have been coming here for years engaging in name calling and being condescending when opinions differ. I know how it makes me feel when my identity as a Black woman is called into question whenever I state an opinion that some Black people don't agree with or believe that's not the way a Black person should think. That is a very divisive way to behave and will always keep a wedge between us. Please, stop!

Many of us are out in our communities doing the “good” work. Let’s do the same here when we have the opportunity to teach, learn and share with respect.

That’s all I’m saying. :heart:
Excellent points! I agree.

Ken

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back