Black People : Why are you so sensitive?

[QUOTE="NNQueen, post: 966730, member: 36" This is true, and I'm well aware of it as I get passionate about things as well when I write.

But wouldn't you agree that there is a difference between passion and insult and that our bodies react differently to each when they are expressed?

Passion being expressed causes me to sit up and take notice, it doesn't sting or cause me to jump back and feel a rise in blood pressure like an insult will.

As an example, the famous "I Have A Dream" speech was spoken with passion. Rudy Giuliani talking about Black on Black crime is insulting. Listening to both causes me to physically react differently.

Maybe those weren't good examples, but they're the best I can come up with at the moment. Maybe some of you have better examples.

Bro. Clyde, thank you for the link you provided to demonstrate the breakdown in a conversation that turned personal and insulting. Exactly, what I'm talking about here. It's as though some of you have no tolerance for others here who may not know as much as you, or may not agree with you.

Why attack someone who is simply asking a question for feedback and who let's you know they are here to learn?

Arrogance and ego . . . toxic and deadly. If it makes people feel good to be rude and insulting, I would suggest you get help with that. If you suffer from anger issues, seek help to learn how to manage it.

If you only want unity among people who look like you and think like you, then say that and start a private conversation. Don't call for this monolithic Black movement, when you clearly demonstrate that you don't like some of your own people who are different than you.

Yes, your right to free speech but try to be civil and open-minded in these discussions.

We are a passionate people--and I love that about us because it's freeing to our souls. But rude and condescending? I wish we could avoid being that way to each other. Like I said, it's toxic.

You never know who, among us, will turn out to be the one person you can depend on and your greatest ally in a tough situation.

Peace :heart:/QUOTE]

Why take it all that seriously Sister NNQueen, in that isn’t the trouble a lot of people have with cyberspace the fact that its very similar to the boxing ring isn’t it, in that on a message board you can run but you can’t hide [with some literally highlighting to the whole planet that they are barely functionally literate with the drivel that they post] from the assertions you’ve made or a consistent failure to address relevant assertions and questions?

In fact isn’t it amusing when certain individuals get so stroppy as to unfriend/ block you you just because they don’t like your opinion/rationale as opposed to being BIG enough to agree to differ, as we definitely aren’t all the same, are WE?

Most people have opinions on most topics that they would consider factual and relevant, but if you challenge them with regard to their sources being independently verifiable, ask relevant questions is when they usually throw their toys out of the pram isn’t it [like when George Benson sang “we tried to talk it over but the words got in the way”], the cutting edge of my tag [below my posts], which is STILL being elevated to Rocket Science by many, is doing the overly fragile/easily factually and intellectually challenged, really serious damage even now?

The situation is further complicated by the TROLLS/CYBERSPACE BATTERING RAMS [some of whom are actually being paid to direct/steer discussions /debates, even goad people into extreme behaviour/responses] who are quite easy to spot aren’t they, anyone who always start contentious threads, then backs away from the “Flame thread” they’ve created while NEVER EVER addressing assertions or answering questions in the so very direct manner possible with this medium?

Kicking around the so diverse array of cyberspace TROLLS/BATTERING RAMS/torturing the more obviously clueless CRETINS has been my very very therapeutic hobby for over 10 years now, I even started a thread on Blackvoices [the best message board EVER until AOHELL bought it and executed it within 5 years] entitled "Orisons, Blackvoices Thread Closer No.1", where I paraded like trophies my posts to certain individuals that had caused them to bail out/run away as opposed to address or answer [whereas if I truly don’t KNOW I don’t have a problem admitting to that fact] where I gave them a final chance to either PUT UP or SHUT UP, publicly acknowledge that they’re not up to the task; whereas to date I’ve never ever had to run or hide [am I too BAD or just MAD].

Are there any REAL CONTENDERS out there, as opposed to all the totally baffled and confused Pretenders I’ve encountered to date/I’M WAITING [toe tapping]? ROFL

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
Flattop.jpg

Why take it all that seriously Sister NNQueen, in that isn’t the trouble a lot of people have with cyberspace the fact that its very similar to the boxing ring isn’t it, in that on a message board you can run but you can’t hide [with some literally highlighting to the whole planet that they are barely functionally literate with the drivel that they post] from the assertions you’ve made or a consistent failure to address relevant assertions and questions?

In fact isn’t it amusing when certain individuals get so stroppy as to unfriend/ block you you just because they don’t like your opinion/rationale as opposed to being BIG enough to agree to differ, as we definitely aren’t all the same, are WE?

Most people have opinions on most topics that they would consider factual and relevant, but if you challenge them with regard to their sources being independently verifiable, ask relevant questions is when they usually throw their toys out of the pram isn’t it [like when George Benson sang “we tried to talk it over but the words got in the way”], the cutting edge of my tag [below my posts], which is STILL being elevated to Rocket Science by many, is doing the overly fragile/easily factually and intellectually challenged, really serious damage even now?

The situation is further complicated by the TROLLS/CYBERSPACE BATTERING RAMS [some of whom are actually being paid to direct/steer discussions /debates, even goad people into extreme behaviour/responses] who are quite easy to spot aren’t they, anyone who always start contentious threads, then backs away from the “Flame thread” they’ve created while NEVER EVER addressing assertions or answering questions in the so very direct manner possible with this medium?

Kicking around the so diverse array of cyberspace TROLLS/BATTERING RAMS/torturing the more obviously clueless CRETINS has been my very very therapeutic hobby for over 10 years now, I even started a thread on Blackvoices [the best message board EVER until AOHELL bought it and executed it within 5 years] entitled "Orisons, Blackvoices Thread Closer No.1", where I paraded like trophies my posts to certain individuals that had caused them to bail out/run away as opposed to address or answer [whereas if I truly don’t KNOW I don’t have a problem admitting to that fact] where I gave them a final chance to either PUT UP or SHUT UP, publicly acknowledge that they’re not up to the task; whereas to date I’ve never ever had to run or hide [am I too BAD or just MAD].

Are there any REAL CONTENDERS out there, as opposed to all the totally baffled and confused Pretenders I’ve encountered to date/I’M WAITING [toe tapping]? ROFL

View attachment 7089

Not speaking for NNQueen of course, just chiming in here, but cyberspace for Black folk should not be just fun and games as it is for Whites. The playing field remains uneven for us still trapped in the Black diaspora.

[QUOTE="Clyde C Coger Jr, post: 968218, member: 12718" Not speaking for NNQueen of course, just chiming in here, but cyberspace for Black folk should not be just fun and games as it is for Whites. The playing field remains uneven for us still trapped in the Black diaspora.

/QUOTE]

With regard to fighting back Clyde, haven't YOU noted, noticed the way the destruction of the GAP community of Tulsa on June 1st 1921 is still totally marginalized and ignored TODAY by the status quo in general, their POWER ELITE’s sytematic mis-education system’s schools, colleges and mass media specifically?

Isn’t the Greenwood, Archer and Pine community of Tulsa is STILL a truly superb template of the WAY TO GO in the 21st century as [are Thomas Sakarna’s achievements in just 4 years in Burkina Faso and the welfare state Muamar Gaddafi created in Libya] opposed to an armed conflict which would just provide the so diverse range of despicably cowardly enemies/PARASITES we face with the pretext they'd like for either mass Black incarceration or simply wiping ALL of us out, wouldn't it?

All of which very obviously begs the question, doesn’t it, why are the political misleaders in our communities and countries so constantly focused on re-inventing the wheel in the 21st century; as isn’t their behavior either totally mindless STUPIDITY or despicably cowardly treachery/

treszapotes1.jpg

With regard to fighting back Clyde, haven't YOU noted, noticed the way the destruction of the GAP community of Tulsa on June 1st 1921 is still totally marginalized and ignored TODAY by the status quo in general, their POWER ELITE’s sytematic mis-education system’s schools, colleges and mass media specifically?

Isn’t the Greenwood, Archer and Pine community of Tulsa is STILL a truly superb template of the WAY TO GO in the 21st century as [are Thomas Sakarna’s achievements in just 4 years in Burkina Faso and the welfare state Muamar Gaddafi created in Libya] opposed to an armed conflict which would just provide the so diverse range of despicably cowardly enemies/PARASITES we face with the pretext they'd like for either mass Black incarceration or simply wiping ALL of us out, wouldn't it?

All of which very obviously begs the question, doesn’t it, why are the political misleaders in our communities and countries so constantly focused on re-inventing the wheel in the 21st century; as isn’t their behavior either totally mindless STUPIDITY or despicably cowardly treachery/

View attachment 7090

Absolutely, all of which explains why Black folk should take cyberspace more seriously, like Sis. NNQueen.

I've been noticing as I read through threads that some people seem to get offended when their opinions are questioned, or disagreed with or when they don't agree with other opinions.

People are quick to either leave a conversation, place people on ignore but before they do, they usually give a reply to a poster in what often appears as rude or meant to shut down a conversation.

Sometimes I see name calling thrown around and labeling that is meant to be insulting and definitely judgmental. Questioning someone's "Blackness" happens quite often. That is a form of cyber-bullying in my opinion because I've seen one member reprimanded several times for doing this.

I'm not going to name any names, that would be inappropriate. But each time I read someone who gets offended because someone else won't agree with their opinion, or will ask them a question seeking clarification of their opinion . . . the exchange between them turns into a playground event.

This is a DISCUSSION board. This is where people write what they think and other people react to what they say. Destee and her moderators expect that these exchanges occur with respect as opposed to insults. Sometimes there's agreement; sometimes there's disagreement.

Why are some of us so sensitive and easily offended? Why do we sometimes take things that people say to us as a personal indictment of us? Why can't we just talk to each other in respectful ways?

Hostility and insults are generally the last line of defense for a man whose argument is without merit. When someone is emotionally involved in a POV, it can be quite painful when another person challenges that POV in a way they are unable to defend, because intellectual honesty requires they discard the position they are deeply invested in.

I am reminded of a saying; “If you correct a fool, he will hate you for it, because he is deeply invested in his foolishness. If you correct a wise man, he will thank you for it because he will see it as an opportunity to learn and grow.”

Ken

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back