Black People : Why are you so sensitive?

Webforums, blogs & other venues of "member comment allowed" social media invoke passion, it's the nature of the beast.
This is true, and I'm well aware of it as I get passionate about things as well when I write.

But wouldn't you agree that there is a difference between passion and insult and that our bodies react differently to each when they are expressed?

Passion being expressed causes me to sit up and take notice, it doesn't sting or cause me to jump back and feel a rise in blood pressure like an insult will.

As an example, the famous "I Have A Dream" speech was spoken with passion. Rudy Giuliani talking about Black on Black crime is insulting. Listening to both causes me to physically react differently.

Maybe those weren't good examples, but they're the best I can come up with at the moment. Maybe some of you have better examples.

Bro. Clyde, thank you for the link you provided to demonstrate the breakdown in a conversation that turned personal and insulting. Exactly, what I'm talking about here. It's as though some of you have no tolerance for others here who may not know as much as you, or may not agree with you. Why attack someone who is simply asking a question for feedback and who let's you know they are here to learn?

Arrogance and ego . . . toxic and deadly. If it makes people feel good to be rude and insulting, I would suggest you get help with that. If you suffer from anger issues, seek help to learn how to manage it. If you only want unity among people who look like you and think like you, then say that and start a private conversation. Don't call for this monolithic Black movement, when you clearly demonstrate that you don't like some of your own people who are different than you.

Yes, your right to free speech but try to be civil and open-minded in these discussions. We are a passionate people--and I love that about us because it's freeing to our souls. But rude and condescending? I wish we could avoid being that way to each other. Like I said, it's toxic.

You never know who, among us, will turn out to be the one person you can depend on and your greatest ally in a tough situation.

Peace :heart:

... Bro. Clyde, thank you for the link you provided to demonstrate the breakdown in a conversation that turned personal and insulting. Exactly, what I'm talking about here. It's as though some of you have no tolerance for others here who may not know as much as you, or may not agree with you. Why attack someone who is simply asking a question for feedback and who let's you know they are here to learn?

You are very welcome Sis. NNQueen, any thoughts yet on how to quell those doing the attacking?

This is true, and I'm well aware of it as I get passionate about things as well when I write.

But wouldn't you agree that there is a difference between passion and insult and that our bodies react differently to each when they are expressed?

Passion being expressed causes me to sit up and take notice, it doesn't sting or cause me to jump back and feel a rise in blood pressure like an insult will.

As an example, the famous "I Have A Dream" speech was spoken with passion. Rudy Giuliani talking about Black on Black crime is insulting. Listening to both causes me to physically react differently.

Maybe those weren't good examples, but they're the best I can come up with at the moment. Maybe some of you have better examples.

Bro. Clyde, thank you for the link you provided to demonstrate the breakdown in a conversation that turned personal and insulting. Exactly, what I'm talking about here. It's as though some of you have no tolerance for others here who may not know as much as you, or may not agree with you. Why attack someone who is simply asking a question for feedback and who let's you know they are here to learn?

Arrogance and ego . . . toxic and deadly. If it makes people feel good to be rude and insulting, I would suggest you get help with that. If you suffer from anger issues, seek help to learn how to manage it. If you only want unity among people who look like you and think like you, then say that and start a private conversation. Don't call for this monolithic Black movement, when you clearly demonstrate that you don't like some of your own people who are different than you.

Yes, your right to free speech but try to be civil and open-minded in these discussions. We are a passionate people--and I love that about us because it's freeing to our souls. But rude and condescending? I wish we could avoid being that way to each other. Like I said, it's toxic.

You never know who, among us, will turn out to be the one person you can depend on and your greatest ally in a tough situation.

Peace :heart:

On point and on time comments:

Thanks for caring and sharing them with all of us here!

You are very welcome Sis. NNQueen, any thoughts yet on how to quell those doing the attacking?

I wish I had the answer, Bro. Clyde. But as you know as well as I do, it really depends on how well-adjusted people are and how comfortable they are in their own skin. There are a lot of angry people in the world, people who are frustrated and feel powerless and are tired of feeling that way so they lash out at the slightest nudge and usually it's directed toward the wrong people. We all get that way from time-to-time but when it becomes a habit or a part of our nature, then we have a problem. No simple answer, except that each of us has to take responsibility for our actions and know that never happens without consequences.

:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back