Black People : Why Are We Mad At Oprah?

roarin1 said:
I AM yet not that concerned over 'Oprah' as an individual anyhow, however I could point YOU into several well explained definitions as to why some folk may find the 'rules' invoked at Oprah's school somewhat suspect.

From MY understanding, this is where the snag is most evident. Again, this information does not come from here, so I won't post'em. Even so, the concern over anyone's 'personality,' could not ever supercede the fundamental needs of the Diaspora anyhow, or should'nt.

And this is where the 'snag' becomes more evident for ME. What message are the efforts of any philanthropist sending to the CHILDREN of OUR People? Obviously, OUR Children (being Children,) are most impressionable and ultimately the only effected.

If these 'efforts' are not being kept in check or, an attempt at least being made then, OUR Children may fall victim to the opportunism of any tyrant, as is historically been proven.

One only has to ask...'what are they teaching the Children about Themselves?'...to determine the overall intent. Though I have never personally experienced a decline in Black Nationalism, nor ever even realized that there was one, such are normally (or abnormally,) the effects of the 'intent' of the wrong folk weilding too much power.

WE are all aware I AM sure, that the 'virtue' of having money does not make ONE 'virtuious.' And it is THIS fundamental 'truth' that it would behoove OUR People to recall, before making decisions concerning OUR People.

Example: 'Who is richer that Ted Turner?' (Who had given 1billion dollars to 'charity' a few yrs back but even the more 'ignorant' of OUR People realized that he would just wrtie that money off to taxes...or just lose it so it was a business move to say the least...)

But to MY observation, ted turner is the most ignorant man the creator ever blew breath into....and ted, if you ever read this, I will NEVER change MY mind about you cause your money don't impress ME so accept it.

So (concerning OUR People,) .....'Why are WE mad at Oprah?'
Because she's just not that significant...I would wonder the same thing.

ROARIN.......

Did you watch her show yesterday?

She was specifically attempting to address some complaints in regards to the school's discipline, which some view as being too harsh.

Also, in regards to your comment as to "decline in Black Nationalism", relatively speaking, there were more active Black Nationalist organiztions 30 years ago than there are today. That is a FACT. Which translates into decline of Black Nationalist ACTIVISM.

Perhaps you have not lived through this time period. I surely HAVE.

This DECLINE can be specifically attributed to the decline of NBIPP and the BUF, both of which supported the political ambitions of Ron Daniels and Jesse Jackson and in 1984, the Black "Nationlists" largely became Democrats and supported Jesse's presidential bid.

The MMM was successful in MOBILIZING Black folks but, this has not trnslated into increased Black Nationalist MASS-based ORGANIZATION, on a NATIONAL level comparable to the Black United Front (BUF), National Black Independent Political Party (NBIPP), The National African Youth Student Alliance (NAYSA), the Black Panther Party (BPP) or SNCC.

This is FACT, my brother!

silent-ra said:
i dont know if i would be quick to say this woman is living pan-africanism. its like Brotha Malcolm has taught: "if we knew what a revoluton was, we we use a different word." the same is true with pan-afrikanism.

one of the key concepts of pan-afrikanism is that yu do not base yor philosophy on eurocentric ideologies-especially those that work against the Afrikan people. here, we have this woman opening up a school for girls only which is an aspect of eurocentric feminism to divide and cause strife between the genders of south afrika.

second, the school is set up to accept the elites or either accept those based on some arbitrary litmus tests by winfrey and her staff-who show based on her show here in the states, that they lack an Afrocentric perspective. so how can they determine who is righteous enough to be a student at this so-called school?

also that concerns me becuz what was the criterion to get a place in her school? again, a eurocentric based driven ideology exported across the atlantic but in this case it may create anger and disappointment among the children while at the same time building the freudian egos on the othas who got accepted.

finally, winfrey proudly announces that the school is for all races of girls. huh? yea, she has some little diasdvantaged white girls up in there.(i didnt know disadvantages white girls existed in south afrika). again, a eurocentric based ideology exported to the mothaland.

jus becuz she's using a small amount of her money on afrika does not mean she knowledgeable or, a pan afrikanist.

again, we have to start going deeper and refrain from getting so excited off small, insignificant instances of politics.

winfrey could have won me ova if she had of open up a school for both genders while making ot madatory of excluding the offspring of europeans. that's pan-afrikanism, or at least an honorable start.

i know we hate to come to the conclusion that our people are playing a game with us. it hurts i know. but in order for us to stop this cycle we're in, we must be able to understand the concept of misdirection and how when someone seems to be doing something positve, it does not mean they are doing something positive.

winfrey still remains in the warriors book as a bonafied phony who luv her some white folk.

I was largely with you until this posts, and now must question your age.

If you did not participate in the anti-apartheid movement and provide DIRECT MATERIAL AID, I do not expect you to understand what she is doing.

Do you really know why there are white girls there?

Some of those "white girls" are ORPAHS, some have parents who were KILLED in the armed struggle, as SOME had parents who were ANC members, SOME who were military commanders of Umkhonto We Sizwe!

Yes, there were plenty of whites in South Africa that fought against the Afrikaners for a Free South Africa.

Ever heard of Donald Woods?

Let me ask...are YOU doing more for the Youth in southern Africa? Are YOU providing any DIRECT technical or medical assistance to the youth dying of AIDS/HIV? Are YOU in Azania building schools for Black orphans who were displaced in the anti-aparthied struggle?

You call these "small, insignificnt instances of politics"?

Can you SHOW and PROVE you have done or are presently doing, anything GREATER?!

By the way, if you want to question my own credbility in this I can give you references starting with Brother who was a Comrde of Steve Biko.....
http://la.ucla.edu/Master.cfm?Page=Unit/Index.cfm&SiteAreaID=119

You can ask him about the African Education Project, Steve Biko Project, and South African Task Force, while you're at it.

Watch Oprah!(?)

Brother, I'D rather fall on MY sword. Though the organizations that YOU mention, may very well have dissolved, (or suffered decay,) but does this maybe speak to their validity?

Black Nationalism is a way of life for some, not an organization. Brother YOU have stated facts...no doubt, however the organization that I represent (maybe it's the tunnel-vision I suffer but,) it has not and will not suffer the ills of these 'others.' Let's just say, it can't.

Oh yes, I wore Dishikis and Tiki's when they were'nt even popular in the 60's.
Course, most 'Brother's' were'nt even 'Black Nationalist' then, they did'nt understand it and some still don't.

But, I still AM 'optimistic' that the Love of OUR Other Honorable Fathers (the seperatist,) will once again prevail. Since THEY taught US, and still teach US truth, I believe THEY will prevail.

ROARIN.....

OmowaleX said:
I was largely with you until this posts, and now must question your age.

If you did not participate in the anti-apartheid movement and provide DIRECT MATERIAL AID, I do not expect you to understand what she is doing.

Do you really know why there are white girls there?

Some of those "white girls" are ORPAHS, some have parents who were KILLED in the armed struggle, as SOME had parents who were ANC members, SOME who were military commanders of Umkhonto We Sizwe!

Yes, there were plenty of whites in South Africa that fought against the Afrikaners for a Free South Africa.

Ever heard of Donald Woods?

Let me ask...are YOU doing more for the Youth in southern Africa? Are YOU providing any DIRECT technical or medical assistance to the youth dying of AIDS/HIV? Are YOU in Azania building schools for Black orphans who were displaced in the anti-aparthied struggle?

You call these "small, insignificnt instances of politics"?

Can you SHOW and PROVE you have done or are presently doing, anything GREATER?!

By the way, if you want to question my own credbility in this I can give you references starting with Brother who was a Comrde of Steve Biko.....
http://la.ucla.edu/Master.cfm?Page=Unit/Index.cfm&SiteAreaID=119

You can ask him about the African Education Project, Steve Biko Project, and South African Task Force, while you're at it.

my age is irrelevant. let my words, which walk with truth, speak to my being.

lets start with yor weakest assertion first:

dont get mad at me cuz yor girl is phony. what i'm doing or may not be doing is not at issue. people usually write things like this when they believe they really dont have a true analysis to present, so they switch, or try to switch, the focus.

yu drool ova white people joining yor movements but fail to think why they joining? of course yu would respond by saying they 'want to see us free.':haha: too, i bet yu cant tell us the statistics on how many euros caught the bullet and beatings and scourge of death in south afrika as opposed to the blacks in south afrika?

here, in 2007, yu want us to believe that euros really do care about us:hammer: and more specifically that euros in south afrika want to diminshed thier luxuroious lifetsyles and privilege to help the black south afrikan free?:skillet:

finally, yu should pick up a copy of The Destruction of Black Civilzationby Chancellor Williams and really read it. it may help yu to understand that historically, europeans in afrika have not always had our interest in heart.

roarin1 said:
Watch Oprah!(?)

Brother, I'D rather fall on MY sword. Though the organizations that YOU mention, may very well have dissolved, (or suffered decay,) but does this maybe speak to their validity?

Black Nationalism is a way of life for some, not an organization. Brother YOU have stated facts...no doubt, however the organization that I represent (maybe it's the tunnel-vision I suffer but,) it has not and will not suffer the ills of these 'others.' Let's just say, it can't.

Oh yes, I wore Dishikis and Tiki's when they were'nt even popular in the 60's.
Course, most 'Brother's' were'nt even 'Black Nationalist' then, they did'nt understand it and some still don't.

But, I still AM 'optimistic' that the Love of OUR Other Honorable Fathers (the seperatist,) will once again prevail. Since THEY taught US, and still teach US truth, I believe THEY will prevail.

ROARIN.....

So you are actually going to question the "validity" of SCC, the Black Panthers and the Black United Front?

If so, perhaps you can point me into the direction of those who hold more "validity"!

What EXACTLY is this orgniztion you "represent"?

And I sure hope its not "United Slaves"!!

:haha:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back