Black People : Why are we here?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by pfa1451usa, Apr 3, 2006.

1. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I must confess, when I first came upon this site I was enamored with the opportunity to interact with fellow Afro-Americans who might consider what we might collectively do to better our community.

In the short time I have been here, and been most observant of posts, themes, threads, through the encouragement of moderators, I have been most amazed at the postings.

No pertinent threads on economic development, spending of our dollars, support of our businesses or collective purchasing habits of note. Education given a most passing note. Personal empowerment relegated to less significant threads. Morality, faith and civility chastised. Do you honestly believe you can’t reduce the amount of crime nor poverty within your own neighborhood?

Texture of hair, color of skin, Black male versus Black female, Hip-Hop, Rap, clothing, conspiracies, Astrology, Satanism predominate, sororities, fraternities, are we Greeks, we hate whites, racism is the problem.

Nothing of pertinence to who we are, where we are, or where we need to go. Seems to be the basis and foundation of this forum. Is this the “Google” of all that is not our responsibility? Do we have no solutions? Are we all recruits for the latest cult?

Shall I say a bit of disappointment, no perhaps one should visit some other white supremacy site and find the same dribble…? It’s sad to see so much hate and misconceptions perpetrated here…just my opinion…

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    In lieu of all the complaining that you are doing about the topics discussed (some of them you yourself have added to), a better question would be: "Why are YOU here"? :?:

3. pfa1451usa

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for asking...

Quite simplicity I believe we are being exterminated like rats and would hope some would be wise enough to understand the premise…you?

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    Unfortunately

You are correct. I tried to start such posts long ago. They went nowhere as well. However, if you post anything involving gender/relationship issues and throw in a pinch of controversy, you will have a full audience. Economic stability, racial equity, bettering the race, all go out the window with someones parochial view.

Moreover, if you present facts that contradict someones parochial views, you might as well have called their mother a dirty name.

But, you cant give up the fight. Some are enlightened. Some are willing to learn. Those are the ones you must post to.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    would you like your money back?

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    LOL!! :lol:

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Unlike you, I more or less have no problems with the goings-on here. For the most part, the members here are civil to me, and I to them. There are some that I greatly respect, and would even call "friend". I can only hope that the feeling is mutual.

Regarding the quality of this site, I have seen numerous times, those topics that you mention get posted and addressed. Perhaps you have not dug that deeply into the older discussions? Otherwise, your perspective here is bereft of validity.

In the meantime, what I have taken notice to, is you making posts/threads that insult other people's perspectives, talking at people instead of to them, and not even slightly attempting to establish a rapport with anybody here.

I can tell you now, that this is not the way to get the most out of this site, nor any other.

Reconsider your tactics, and you might see the results you are asking for.

PEACE

8. pfa1451usa

Ratings:
    +1
    No money proffered…

And with all do respect, and you do know I respect you, your response has nothing to do with the question asked…should you be more comfortable in your particular zone with no reality?

I can live with that too…would you prefer I post no more and simply go away?

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Perfect example of what I was just talking about. :fyi:

10. pfa1451usa

Ratings:
    +1
    And yet you nor James ever answer the question...

Why is that?