Black People : Why Are Summa Yall Fake'n the Funk?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Wassup with so many acting like they can't breathe if a white person is in the mix?

Do you bemoan their presence in other public spaces? Do you do this at walmart 'nem?

Are you that one spazz'n out in walmart cause a white person checks you out, takes your money?

Do you do this on your job? Do you do this when you're driving down the street?

Do you do this in all your other comings and goings ... or do you just do it here?

What makes you think destee.com is the public space for you to act this way?

Is it no respect for this space ... or ... more respect for those other spaces, owned by whites?

What is it ... cause white folk are everywhere ... i don't know no places they aint 'et or can't go.

You want me to deliver ... a white free zone ... when you aint got it at no other public space?

What's really going on?

You know dadgum well you deal with white folk regularly, but wanna get here and act all brand new.

Why yall fake'n the funk?

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    yes, i would like someplace that is free of white people. i don't think that is unreasonable.
    logistically it may be difficult to get rid of them but i see no need to welcome them in.

why start up a thread just to fight over white people?

fights will start. people get angry. somebody gets banned. all over white people?
    can't we just drop it and move on in peace?

peace

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

Yall abide by the rules everywhere else white people are ... but you get here and wanna disrespect my rules ... which are basically the same rules that are applicable across the board of life ... i aint ask'n yall to invite 'em to dinner ... move 'em in ... nuth'n but be respectful to our rules ... and i get kicked in the face ... cause you wanna show your behind here ... but you're oh so very compliant everywhere else?

I'm beginning to take this personal ... you're violating my rules ... breaking my peace ... and telling me to shut up about it ?? ... that dog aint gonna hunt.

If you want a white free zone ... build it ... don't take my stuff and twist it how you want.

Do this on your job, do it at walmart ... take them white folk's stuff and twist it up.

Show 'em how bad you really are ... and we'll read about you in the news ... :news:

Destee

4. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +764
    Peace,

It's the internet. The most gangster cat on the internet is a church mouse around whites in the physical.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

I mean really .. oh my gosh ... they up in here act'n like they slap the dookey out of every white person they meet ... they bad ... tough ... on here ... when we all know the truth ... you get your groceries from 'em ... your money probably comes from 'em ... you work for 'em ... you abide by all their laws ... at least you don't break 'em in their face ... but you wanna come up in here and break my rules in my face and act like you doin' sump'n to them ... but let that light bill come due ... you'll be right there to pay them white folk on time ... please ... fake'n the funk.

Destee

6. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +764
    Peace,

I'm not even mad at them because that was me over 20 years ago. Coming in to knowledge of self and recognizing for the first time just how much dirt they did to us as a people. Yeah I was pissed and I wanted the revolution to start so I could start taking whitey off the planet. Then as I matured into the knowledge of self, my consciousness and awareness expanded to the point that I recognized that they can only do to us what we allow them to do to us..... so ultimately the fault is our own if we got beef with white people. They have their purpose, we have ours. They're doing what they're supposed to do..... can we as black people say the same? They made us mentally dead...... and if one admits that then you also admit that they have power over you. Many of us are still powerless so we do what we can to SHOW we have power...... we run to the internet where we can be the baddest dudes around. Ain't doing anything else, but on the internet.... whew..... we bad as a mutha..... and still ain't PROVE a thing. Then when we grow up we start manifesting real power by getting a good education, getting a job, starting a family and passing on the collective wisdom of our reckless younger days to the youth who come after us.

Let's be real..... if the white man was gone tomorrow many of us would die because we'd have nothing else to live for. That's really sad and it demonstrates just how much in our guts we put them.

Peace

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    I always kept it real...this was my answer back then...and is today.

Marvin asked what's going on
    in nineteen seventy,
    a 3,000 year old question
    that's been buggin me...
    What happened, who pulled
    the veil over our eyes,
    as we've journied this
    3,000 year old demise?

Corrupted like a chess game
    that done lost its' rook,
    deceived and co-opted
    by someone else's books.
    As I stand before you
    reciting this story,
    but I'm just a shell
    of our original glory.

For I'm an extension
    of those once enslaved,
    no longer running laws,
    commerce or trade.
    I don't govern science,
    economics or nations,
    and I surely don't control
    our childrens' education.

Yet now before you
    proudly I stand,
    perpetrating a fraud
    about I'm a black man...
    when every week
    and each and every day,
    I go to my enemy
    to earn my pay.
    Thinking there's a way
    for me to compete,
    when we don't even grow
    the food that we eat...

And so I'll sleep
    just to rise with the dawn,
    and Marvin Gayes question
    of what's going on?
    And thou Malcolm and Garvey
    among those in our past,
    had the answer to the question
    that Marvin once asked...
    When will the phoenix
    rise up from the ashes,
    and the answers they gave
    seep down to the masses?

Copyright 2014
    keita kenyatta

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

Yes, i as a black person can say i am doing what i am suppose to be doing ... and i'm doing it for all of us ... to have a place where we can come and not be called out of our name, where we are actually the focus, where are interests, concerns, and perspectives are the majority, not the minority ... i am doing that ... have been doing it for 16 years ... working hard for free, to provide a space where our babies can see us interacting respectfully, building with each other, not cussing each other out ... and i / this effort gets kicked in the face ... i'm sick of it.

These folk aint that young ... most know they aint bust'n no grapes no where ... when it comes to deal'n wit white folk ... but they wanna come up in here and act like they can't breathe if white folk are present ... that's BS ... and i'm sick of it.

I'm call'n 'em out ... stop fake'n the funk.

You're not gonna tear up my spot ... my hard work and effort ... 'cause you scared to go do it at some white site ... figure i'm an easier target ... just use destee.com to do what you aint doin' no where else ... nawww ... i'm fight'n to protect mine ... and i'm gonna win that fight ... i promise ... so you may as well go somewhere else if tearing up this space is your agenda, 'cause you're scared to go tear up some white folk's stuff.

Nope. Not gonna happen. Take it somewhere else. I promise.

If you wanna keep it real ... holla at me ... 'cause i keeps it real.

Destee

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i feel very sad to see good black people fighting over white people.
    we need to stay united not be so easily divided. i'm sure white people are watching and laughing.

it is depressing to see us falling out like this over white people.
    please stop.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Well, I don't know about fakin tha funk. Maybe you and I are in two different spaces. Please allow me to explain.

You live in the Deep South. In Alabama it's largely black and white, so you gonna interact more with whites, while at the same time, you have a higher percentage of Black folks, compared to where I'm at.

In Los Angeles, there is about a 3-6 % Black male population. About a 8% Black female population. I work in Koreatown, live in West Adams, and the few whites that I work with, as well as the Latinos are co workers, nothing more. I'm part of management and answer ONLY to two people. A Black woman who is my executive director and a white Jewish male who is my immediate supervisor. My closest coworkers are younger Black men and two sisters that are in my age range. Here comes the issue: TRUST.

Black people, men in particular, have some serious trust issues.

To be clear, this is what I was told even by some former moderators on this site when I came back here in 2005.

In a recent thread, there has been mention of how whites have infiltrated and been "invited in" to some our most sacred African spiritual traditions, and I'm sure that plays a major part why we can't get our SPIRITUAL BODY together today.

I don't make an issue of whites here. But in my 12 years here I have not encountered a SINGLE white person that has not made an issue of themselves. Not a single one.

If I'm in a thread discussing how Black people are being treated in zips real, I don't like having to even hear about how Black people "are doing even worse" or " the same thing" to whites in the United States. Really?

Since when do any of us have the power to oppress white people? I call it "bait and switch".

Sorry. The reason I came to this site in 2002 is because I got tired of white people infiltrating Black planet, with a fear of a Black planet, and dealing with them reporting Black people who were mainstays in forums, just to get them banned. So, thanks how j came here 12 years ago. I remember a link here from Afronet or Afrochat. I knew brothers Kem and Orisons from AOL Black Voices. And brother panafrica.

Considering the fact that our political movements were infiltrated in the 60s, much of our political leadership was effectively neutralized, it's easy for me to understand our trust issues. It's also easy to understand our apprehension of not just white people, but any non Black person.

You often refer to this as a family. I respect each member and if white folks are part of yours, I will continue to respect them. But if I choose to ignore them that's my right as well. I just don't appreciate them throwing up there issues in my face when it's off topic and used as a diversionary tactic EVERY time some of us even breathe the words Zionist of white people.

It's also why I don't openly claim or state any specific religious or spiritual tradition. They not gonna get any specific information from me to access or black my spiritual connections, which in my estimation is how we ended up here in chains in the first place.

Lastly, where I live is a long time predominantly Black community which used to be rather affluent from the 1930s on. There are a few whites moving in as older Black folks are dying or moving out. Also more Latino and Asian immigrants. I live in a complex which I rent a room from my cousin and her husband.

I can't remember the last time that I "invited in" any white people into my personal space. And my space is relatively peaceful, for the most part, even though some of my roommates disrupt the peace. But whatever issues we may have, Brothers gotta work it out, and our sisters as well.

White folks. They got their own set of issues.

I have to admit that I understand where you are coming from as a business woman.

But as a Black woman, a Black parent, who has brought Elder Neely Fuller here in chat, well...

You can't defeat racism white supremacy if they are disrespecting your family, trashing up the house, throwing temper tantrums if someone refers to them as Caucasian, interrupts every discussion and diverting attention from the topic, refused to man up about the evil their own people have done and continue to do, et al.

Someone comes into your house and your family thinks he had a bad odor. You can't smell the odor and in turn question the behavior of your own family. This is just an analogy.