Black People : Why are people so against African-American’s getting reparations?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Sep 24, 2014.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    [​IMG]
    Why are people so against African-American’s getting reparations?
    Sandy Darity talks about why the World has been brainwashed into thinking that black people don’t deserve reparations.
    An interview snippet from the documentary “Wilmington on Fire” of Sandy Darity (Professor of Public Policy, African & African-American Studies and Economics at Duke University) as he talks about why are people so against African-Americans getting Reparations.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    the system of white supremacy wants us all dead......

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Thanks for dropping this bro. oldsoul, very powerful. I tend to agree with both points Darity makes; its perceived to be our own fault, and racism is at work. If any other group of peoples were due Reparations, they would get it, as certainly was the case of the Japanese and American Indians.

I also liked how Darity used "Deserved" in front of Reparations, I've heard you say that alot. I think I'll start citing it that way, Deserved Reparations.

:five:

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    As you know brutha Clyde, if you say something often enough, any narrative will be embraced. For example I often hear blacks that want to be fair that slavery and indentured servitude existed in all races. I remember hearing whites push that point. But what they don't see is that our situation was unlike any other. Everything was taken from us by force, where as other races were allowed to keep their language, family, and culture.

Just think, we don't even know our original names.

Peace!

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Brother, Brother, Brother, sho you right Enki. Just the thought of not knowing our names is enough to blow anybodies mind :facepalm:

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    We don't want you negras getting no reparrashuns

7. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    This because there no reparation good enough to repay for the atrocities and destruction that so called Black people have suffered at the hands of white people. So God will never allowed the white men to give us reparations. Why?

Revelation 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

8. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    [​IMG]

pEACE!

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Black-king, you don't know the Bible very well, do you?

Ezekiel 33:14-16New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Again, when I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ if he turns from his sin and does what is lawful and right, 15 if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has stolen, and walks in the statutes of life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 16 None of his sins which he has committed shall be remembered against him; he has done what is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel 33:14-16&version=NKJV

Numbers 31:2-4Common English Bible (CEB)

2 Take just reparations for the Israelites from the Midianites. Afterward you will join your ancestors.

3 Moses spoke to the people: “Equip some of your men for battle so that they may go against Midian and execute the Lord’s just punishment against Midian.

4 You will send out for battle one thousand from each of the tribes of Israel.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 31:2-4&version=CEB

Numbers 31:2-4King James Version (KJV)

2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.

3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the Lord of Midian.

4 Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 31:2-4&version=KJV

:facepalm:

10. writer33

writer33 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +85
    I just read, I think yesterday, that the federal government awarded the Navajo Nation $500 Million, a case that had been languishing for years. Don't know the background or details, but understood there are reparations elements to it. Here is part of what it said:

Washington (AFP) - The US government will pay more than $500 million to the Native American Navajo tribe in the US southwest, ending decades-old disputes over use of their land, officials said Wednesday.

Under the agreement -- to be formally signed Friday in Window Rock, Arizona -- the Navajo will receive $554 million, the Navajo Nation and US Department of Justice told AFP.

In return, the tribe will waive lawsuits over US management of Navajo resources and funds.

The sum is the largest ever paid by the United States to a single tribe, according to The Washington Post.

"This historic agreement resolves a longstanding dispute between the United States and the Navajo Nation, including some claims that have been sources of tension for generations," Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement sent to AFP.