Black Relationships : Why are men less likely to forgive cheating than women?

Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems like women are more likely to forgive cheating in a relationship than men are.

I don't have any data to support this, but looking across the landscape, it seems women are more forgiving, willing to overlook the indiscretion to keep the relationship active while men will quit if the woman were to do the same thing to them.

What's up with that?

Why aren't men equally as forgiving as women in like situations?

Or ... do you think men are equally as forgiving when it comes to their partner cheating?

Thanks in advance.

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

I'm glad that you quoted that you don't have any data. The only information that I can share is based on what I've seen. Both are as equally forgiving, which is not very forgiving. On both sides, once you cheat, it's over, period! And if it seems that men are less forgiving, it's probably because the stereotype is that most, if not all black men cheat, and no one gives any real thought to the fact that this notion could be false.

Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems like women are more likely to forgive cheating in a relationship than men are.

I don't have any data to support this, but looking across the landscape, it seems women are more forgiving, willing to overlook the indiscretion to keep the relationship active while men will quit if the woman were to do the same thing to them.

What's up with that?

Why aren't men equally as forgiving as women in like situations?

Or ... do you think men are equally as forgiving when it comes to their partner cheating?

Thanks in advance.

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

I don't know if this is true.. and I don't know if I already answered this question or not.. ( and I'm too lazy to look through the thread and see )
but it occurred to me just now that men are more readily equipped to bounce than women.. who are weighed down with children and other child-related responsibilities.
If the man is the bread-winner, it's easy to just move on. If the women is the bread-winner, it's also easy for the man to just move on to another bread-winner.
If there are kids involved, the kids are usually the mother's responsibility. So, it seems that just by the differences in how men and women occupy their space in society,
men, responsible and irresponsible alike, appear to be more mobile than women and that mobility makes it possible for them to get out of dodge more quickly.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back