Black Relationships : Why are men less likely to forgive cheating than women?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Thank you.

Please tell us more.

How are you involved emotionally ... deeper ... without giving the same significance to sex?

Can you give some examples of this emotionally deep involvement?

:heart:

Destee

We defied GOD for you

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
*sigh* Why do you think Adam really ate that apple?.

It's too much of a stretch - going from there to here.

I can't do it.

I appreciate you sharing the thought and i'm sure it has something to do with something.

But ... i can't ... not tonight ... i have a headache ... :lol:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hey Kemetstry ... are you up ... feel like talking?

I am gonna set up our show if you feel like it?

Let me know.

Destee

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
It's too much of a stretch - going from there to here.

I can't do it.

I appreciate you sharing the thought and i'm sure it has something to do with something.

But ... i can't ... not tonight ... i have a headache ... :lol:

Destee

Listen to the words of the song, When A Man Loves a Woman

.o0( You always have a headache )

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
Sep 27, 2005
That's the answer!

Most, not all men are less forgiving and less willing to overlook these types of discretions

Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems like women are more likely to forgive cheating in a relationship than men are.

I don't have any data to support this, but looking across the landscape, it seems women are more forgiving, willing to overlook the indiscretion to keep the relationship active while men will quit if the woman were to do the same thing to them.

What's up with that?

Why aren't men equally as forgiving as women in like situations?

Or ... do you think men are equally as forgiving when it comes to their partner cheating?

Thanks in advance.

Loving Us!

Destee

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Because when a guy cheats on a woman, she thinks, "I love that fool. He probably was seduced by her! Or he just had a moment of weakness! It won't happen again, I know!"

But when a woman cheats, guys are thinking, "Did she really just let another dude plant his flag where I already conquered? Woman with no morals! Probably went out there seducing all kinds of dudes! Who knows how many!"

In all, I think it goes to the ole "men will be men, boys will be boys". In that, it's expected for men to look for sex, even when in a relationship, so it can be forgiven when he transgresses in such a manner. But for a woman to do such a thing simply makes her immoral and out of control, so it just can't be forgiven. In society's eyes, that is.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: