Black Parenting : Why are children expected to obey their parents

Life is not a gift as there would have to be a pre-existing person who wanted to be born for your having been born to be considered a benefit to you.

Just don't understand what you are saying..What would happen if children did whatever they please....your argument makes no sense... Perhaps IF your parents did not get you you would not be here asking these kinds of questions. What kind of relationship do you have with your parents, or are you a parent. If you are I do hope that you would not allow them to do as they please...with the culture of lawlessness in our society, you could find yourself being killed by your own child....Something seems to have gone wrong with your thinking.

or even to 'respect' them (on the basis that they are their parents)? Children owe their parents nothing, they never asked to be created (which their parents did for their own selfish reasons). Parents aren't doing their children a favor by providing them with food, clothing, shelter etc., they are the reason why they need these things to begin with. I've never understood how parents can be angry with their child or resentful towads them as though they seriously did not know what they were getting into (or at least could have been getting into) when they chose to make a new person, nobody forced them to procreate. Unless there was a mutual and consensual agreement between parent and child for the child to be born, children are not morally obligated to recognize their parent's authority.

If you create a sentient being, it is your moral obligation to satisfy their needs regardless of how old they are. You are responsible for their needs regardless of whether or not they are capable of satifying them themselves. It is not unjust to not take care of the children you create, for example, I don't think fathers should be forced to pay child support, but it is immoral. The attitude that children are supposed to be 'grateful' to their parents is bizarre. Life is not a gift as there would have to be a pre-existing person who wanted to be born for your having been born to be considered a benefit to you.

Such arrogance and selfishness is amazing! I pray that you do not actually take full stock in this belief and are only jesting. Allow me to put something on your mind about parents and why this statement of your is, in fact, foolish thinking.

While it is true that parents are the ones getting together to initiate the process of you being here, when you get here, you know nothing about you personal direction or purpose. The parents could easily abandon you and leave you to fend for yourself if they allow their minds to be so selfish. Where would that leave you as a child? Fatally vulnerable.

THE reason you are to obey and respect your parents (besides God making it a commandment in the bible, from my perspective) is because you need to learn how to live. Noone is born with this knowledge, and without being taught, everything about your life is left to chance and the coldness that life in general will bring upon you.

And let's straighten out this all-about-me philosophy you claim as the right of a child to have everything you need and wish. Such is not the case. Not even in christianity is such required; that aa child should have whatever he/she wishes. Needs are taken care of as a mere matter of loving a child, which Jesus pointed out. Secondly, rewards, even if they are needs are to be taught to children as part of a work ethic when they are old enough to put that understanding into action. If a man, child with the ability included, will not work, he should not eat. Out of love for my child, the worst he will suffer is a bread and water diet if he doesn't work. And wants are left to the discretion of the parent. Why? Because we happen to be wiser than you by way of our experiences. And spanking is a divine act linking pain to unwise, foolish, and just plain wrong decisions.

Everything about your obedience and respect of your parents is about learning the discipline you need to live and to succeed. All cultures on earth, at least most, understand this concept. Children are to be taught how to do things for themselves. That is a parent's #w obligation after a child becomes a toddler, because self-discipline and wisdom are your two primary needs.

And here's another truth. If we send you into the world as an adult unprepared and undisciplined, we would have not done our job preparing you for life, and you life will be short and pointless. It is NOT a moral obligation that we do everything for you throughout your life in our houses as parents. Our duty is to provide and teach you into faith-filled self-sufficiency. To keep you dependent on us only fosters a brutal cycle of an enslaved mindset of dependency, something no one should go into adulthood with.

Obeying and respecting parents isn't bizarre. Neither is respect for real authority. What is bizarre is your expectancy to live long by doing the opposite.

or even to 'respect' them (on the basis that they are their parents)? Children owe their parents nothing, they never asked to be created (which their parents did for their own selfish reasons). Parents aren't doing their children a favor by providing them with food, clothing, shelter etc., they are the reason why they need these things to begin with. I've never understood how parents can be angry with their child or resentful towads them as though they seriously did not know what they were getting into (or at least could have been getting into) when they chose to make a new person, nobody forced them to procreate. Unless there was a mutual and consensual agreement between parent and child for the child to be born, children are not morally obligated to recognize their parent's authority.

If you create a sentient being, it is your moral obligation to satisfy their needs regardless of how old they are. You are responsible for their needs regardless of whether or not they are capable of satifying them themselves. It is not unjust to not take care of the children you create, for example, I don't think fathers should be forced to pay child support, but it is immoral. The attitude that children are supposed to be 'grateful' to their parents is bizarre. Life is not a gift as there would have to be a pre-existing person who wanted to be born for your having been born to be considered a benefit to you.

Children do owe their parents(I'm speaking on parents that do their job); they may not have asked to be born, but many are grateful that they were.

Obeying your parents shows respect and discipline; they took care of you when you couldn't ask at all, so obeying is the least you could do for them.

It is wise to learn from those older than yourself what be profitable, and being disobedient or disrespectful will not help you learn, but instead, will shape you into being a disrespectful person toward everyone because your respect couldn't even be had at home.

.It's as if you are saying we are supposed to some how ask unborn children if they want to be born. How are we supposed to ask these unborn children for their permission to bring them into this world? Email them? Fax them? Hit them up on Facebook and send a PARENT REQUEST?

What the.......

LOL!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back