Black People Politics : Why Are Black Politicians so silent on issues that affect black folks

Contrary to popular belief, Black politicians have not been silent on the issues affecting Black people. The Thread below is dedicated to your topic and has been running for some years now. Its packed full of information concerning the actions of Black politicians:

Politics From The Black Perspective
Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 27, 2011

I have often wondered why is that the black Members of the USA House of Representatives or whatever their parliament is called can sit silently and see the issues that affect black people and just keep silent.

• The man who was choked hold in NY
  • Travon Martin
  • High incidence of black incarceration and the list can go on for ever
Don't these people identify with their black brothers and sisters. Each time I see something that has or is affecting black folks, I have to ask, do these black representatives have a conscience...why are they so disinterested. Not a word, as if their lips are zipped shut. Black folks in the USA really have it tough... Who do these black representatives...represent:thinking::( They can't do everything..BUT at least they can make their voice heard.

I have often wondered why is that the black Members of the USA House of Representatives or whatever their parliament is called can sit silently and see the issues that affect black people and just keep silent.

• Travon Martin
Don't these people identify with their black brothers and sisters. Each time I see something that has or is affecting black folks, I have to ask, do these black representatives have a conscience...why are they so disinterested. Not a word, as if their lips are zipped shut. Black folks in the USA really have it tough... Who do these black representatives...represent:thinking::( They can't do everything..BUT at least they can make their voice heard.

First off, it's "Congress" not parliament. ;)

Secondly, what do you want them to say? "Y'all a buncha ole meanies?!"

Thirdly, we have it tough, but not so bad as other blacks in the diaspora clamoring for green cards to join us. :)

• Travon Martin

As one who has seen negro politicians throw their black constituents under the bus in an attempt to appease their white constituents, I say they fear white power more than they fear anything else and they really don't give a **** about black people.

It's been time for being polite in politics when you have Euros calling Black people ******* while they're in session. I'm over having any politician or political party represent me because they just aren't Conscious about this Unrealistic World Maya. One if my concerns is for our people who do believe in that political system since there is a population that do believe they deserve Courageous Men and Women like Adam Clayton Powell who don't give a **** about these White political system tricks.

It's been time for being polite in politics when you have Euros calling Black people ******* while they're in session. I'm over having any politician or political party represent me because they just aren't Conscious about this Unrealistic World Maya. One if my concerns is for our people who do believe in that political system since there is a population that do believe they deserve Courageous Men and Women like Adam Clayton Powell who don't give a **** about these White political system tricks.

:hello: @Nzingamali ... Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing.

Cursing is not allowed here. Please don't walk in the door breaking rules. Thanks Bunches!

Other than that ... :look: ... please make yourself at home! :)

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back