Black Relationships : Why are AA Women so aggressive and domineering

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by 100%African, Dec 19, 2005.

1. 100%African

100%African Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is the average African American woman so agreesive, quick tempered and very domineering while her African counter part is the exact opposite?

2. wifeymaterial

wifeymaterial New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Being aggressive is not a bad thing.Quick tempted may be a result of her fustrations about so mant things especially bull crap from men who are broken and can't appreciate that her aggresivness is her being in control of what she is doing.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    A Lil' Clarity Please?!?!............

No offense, but in general, our African American men(counterparts) are not considered mild-mannered, collectively in this society. How could any "African" man with a supposed backbone let these words spew from their mouths. You are pitting Africans against African-Americans, a major diference in experience. You are comparing grapes and raisons(African men vs. African American women). Counterparts means the opposite sex:rolleyes:
    Are you an African dating an African American woman?

4. 100%African

100%African Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope I am comparing African American Women with African Women.

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Kewl....

Good thing you explained that one.LOL. IMO, I believe that the agression channeled from AA women stems from a long slavery hold-over. Many AA women have not learned to 'let-it-go' to allow the AA man to assume his role as head of house and other family affairs. Some AA women are justified in their sense of strength(circumstantial). On the other hand, African women tend to lead a more laid-back life based on the fact that African men have had the opportunity to build with African families sans societal pressure. This is the main reason why African women are deemed "better behaved" than AA women. I am in a serious relationship, but I'll tell it like this: Last week an African man from Sierra Leone approached me in a manner so polite, and gracious, I thought he was up to something..LOL. Most African men have not had many experiences, bad or good, with AA women, so there aren't many quirks in the greeting/meeting stage......vs......AA men "knowing what's in store", being more apprehensive to the approach. Have you bumped into one too many AGGRESSIVE AA women lately. Go ahead vent.:teach:

6. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Black Women are not Quick Tempered, Agressive and Domineering, I think it is a matter of interpertation.

7. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    African

AfroAmericans as a people are generally more aggressive than Africans because of 2 things:

1. The high amount of testosterone was have as a result of selective breeding.

2. The oppressive conditions most of us have had to endure historically caused us to develop different surviving mechanisms.

AfroAmerican women in particular tend to be more aggressive because historically they couldn't rely totally on thier men to protect them and often had to play both mother and father to their children.

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree with this analysis, at least this portion of your analysis. The only thing I would add is that historically African American women weren't the sole parent (it is impossible for a woman to play father), that has occured only during the past 4 decades.

9. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    I would like to add that we are products of our environments. The rise of feminism in The West (read: Europe and America) is responsible for a lot of flaws in relationships. We have been condition to believe that "I don't need no man.. I can do bad all by myself... ni***s ain't sh**!... " and we tend to act this out. I feel that most African socities are still more traditional than we have the chance/choice to be here in America.

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Sister Toylin I really feel this. Do you remember that Feminist thread that river sparked up a minute ago? It was talking about this same thing.