Black People : Whose Side Are We On?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Heartbeat, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    Yes there is a war against Black Men but whose side are Black Men on? I ask this because in this country (post slavery and reconstruction) more black men kill other black men than all other races combined that kill black men. Black men steal from each other more than other races do, we call each other "******" so much that most white people under 30 think it's acceptable to call a black person that. Yes, far too many white police officers and others hate black men and kill them as a result but not as much as black men kill other black men; so whose side are we on in this war?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    their side…….unfortunately

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    The same side we've always been on. The wrong side of the Atlantic!

4. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    Wel all indications are that we will be here, so all the enemy has to do is sit back and watch us kill each other off. Wow what a plan.

5. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    We do so not out of hatred for the color of our skin. That's the difference. For blacks, there may be a thousand reasons, but for whites, there is only one reason.
    Doesn't make it right; jus' saying.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    What you say is sad when looked at in terms of "effects" (which is the killing of black men by black men). This we see everyday and the effect is causing us so much pain and suffering...and yet we have not addressed the "cause" of why this is happening. We haven't addressed the "cause" for many reasons. Some has to do with white people (which is the nucleus) and some has to do with us as a people. My first question is; "Is there an Afrakan society that has ever existed whereby there wasn't a Queen or King in charge? I'm not speaking of the European influenced individualistic structures....I'm speaking of Afrakan society and culture.

I make mention of this because of the war that is going on everyday in our own communities that we aren't even seeing for what it is. Let me give an example: "How old does one think that the average Afrakan child is before they see a constructive image that looks like themselves?" Please think about this good...because as it presently stands, the first face a black baby sees is usually white!! Then they get cartooned out with some more white images. Then they start consuming this White diet that we call food. Many will hear the disharmony of being given a white name. ( It is proven that Afrakan languages are rhythmic, melodic and vibrate on a different level than white languages.) Then the black baby is fed a white racist vocabulary that is already having an effect on their 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 year old minds. Then what happens? .....it's hard to say, but I will say this; the black child's experience before and after birth is one of historical and cultural alienation of who they are. Shall I go into our clothes we wear or our schooling or our devotional services or the t.v. or the laws...etc, etc,.

So what's the point? ...think about it, our children are given a white diet of everything that there is...and yet we become simply amazed and filled with total surprise when they begin exhibiting thoughts and behavior that does not reflect who and what we are as a people. The question should be; "How does one raise a dog like a cat and then expect it to act like a dog?"...answer that question and the riddle of our children will be closer than we know.

Maat Htp!!

7. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    While it is admirable of you to point out the seriousness of black-on-black crime, you're missing an important set of data - namely that such things are normal across all ethnic groups in America. The vast majority of crimes committed by white people are committed against other white people. Same for Asians and everybody else.

As I've said in the past, I feel safer around Black people. Black-on-black crime is attributed almost exclusively to "gangsters" and people who make a living in the "underground economy." Avoid those things, and you will almost certainly avoid being a victim of black-on-black crime.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    more or less……...

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Whose side are you on?

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Not exactly. Look around. Are they just sitting back watching us kill each other?

No. They take us out in numerous ways each day. How do we stop genocide is my question?