Black People : Whore Look is Out

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kannte, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Skin, it appears, is no longer in. According to the fashion police (the clothing manufacturers who want to make more money selling more clothes) fashions for teenage girls are heading for the modest side of the street.

"Naughty vs. nice," says Vogue's cover. Inside: "The end of the reign of the teen pop temptress. . . . Britney, Paris and Christina are overexposed in every way."

Catherine Stellin, a vice president at Youth Intelligence, a trend-tracking company in Los Angeles, agrees the "slutty look" is passe.
    In interviews with girls and young women across the country, "the word 'trashy' came up a lot," Stellin says. Teens who a few months ago emulated the provocative style of pop idols such as Jennifer Lopez now are spurning those looks as "trashy," she says.

No more little girls looking like little whores? Oh, the horror of it all.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/163628-7866-047.html

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I haven't seen evidence of this yet, as the young ladies in my school and on the streets are still showing plenty of skin: Low blouses, short skirts, stomachs exposed (irregardless of shape & tone). I don't think Vogue has that big of an influence in my community, but we'll see. If this is true, it is a good development.

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I haven't seen this either. That's true to that they tend to wear these clothes no matter what shape their body is in. I mean, I seen some huge girls and women dressing like they're a size 4. It's sick. I think it's sad that the trend has to come to an end in order for women to dress more respectably. Why can't they just do it because it looks better? It always has to be about what the next person or a celebrity is doing. I hope it is coming to an end. Come on women...leave something to the imagination. :x:

4. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    That would be nice to see. You know? my mama used to make me wear these bell-bottom jeans back in the day(they wuzn't no where near in style) and I used to be like, "I ain't wearin' them! She used to be like, Aw Gul, they comin' back! All styles come back! And they did. But this whore look that's like a style or look that never dies and for some people (Old,fat,skinny or whatever Men and Women!) it's always in. Then too, whorish clothes I think are cheaper and with the economy like it is today....'dem little guls be spendin' all dey babysittin' money in them stores like RAVE and DEB throwin' little freak nasty outfits together! 20 dollars can get you about two outfits atLEAST showing some skin.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    dear ladies:

if you don't intend to shoot anyone, please keep your guns locked and holstered :thanks: