Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : whoopi-goldberg-says wearing weave-is cultural appropriation

TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE: HAIRSTYLES IN AFRICAN CULTURE
http://kwekudee-tripdownmemorylane.blogspot.com/2012/09/hairstyles-in-african-culture.html - 260k - Cached - Similar pages

IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2731.JPG IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2730.JPG

i am not dealing with white women or mexican women. i am dealing with black women.

For me, that is the problem James. You are talking about Black women as though we are not the same as other women.
Talking about Black women as though we should not desire the beauty routines of other women. And if we do, it's because we have Stockholm syndrome. How ludicrous.
Black women can and do think all by ourselves.
I'm sure your intention is not to downplay Black women, but that is what you are doing. By putting Us in a position, separate from other races of WOMEN and beauty.
Not intended to sound mean, but you seem to attached to how black women choose to adorn themselves. Love it or leave it.
In past times hair styles was seen as a type of status symbol. Hair weave is not new James. Made of different fiber, still hair weave. The more hair, the more status.
I know you only want Black women to disown their beauty, but hair was also an indicator of the white womens status.
You might want to do a study on Black women's hair.

Stock·holm syn·drome
noun
  1. feelings of trust or affection felt in certain cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.

So, you believe because Black women choose to wear weave we trust the white man.
We develope feelings for them by wearing hair weave.
Is that it.

Stockholm Syndrome
The term is most associated with Patty Hearst, the Californian newspaper heiress who was kidnapped by revolutionary militants in 1974. She appeared to develop sympathy with her captors and joined them in a robbery. She was eventually caught and received a prison sentence.

Patty was a white girl.
Black women are not like Patty. We have no love for our ancestors kidnappers. No matter how we wear our hair.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back