Black Money Business Jobs : Who would be interested in a financial literacy study group here at Destee?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
If one is all in commercial paper and its underlying unit of account in which its valued collapses, is that truly being diversified?

I dont know anyone that didnt lose in the last down turn. I got all mine back. But even when I lost, ( 60% ), I got all my loses back within two years

Shikamaru

May 7, 2011
I dont know anyone that didnt lose in the last down turn. I got all mine back. But even when I lost, ( 60% ), I got all my loses back within two years
I thinking beyond the loss of value of a particular commercial instrument.
I'm speaking of the loss of purchasing power of a given currency (the unit of account in which the commercial paper's value is measured).

Losses in commercial paper can be offset by precious metals or even substance for that matter.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I thinking beyond the loss of value of a particular commercial instrument.
I'm speaking of the loss of purchasing power of a given currency (the unit of account in which the commercial paper's value is measured).

Losses in commercial paper can be offset by precious metals or even substance for that matter.

I consider commodities a little to speculative for my tastes

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
A commodities future contract is a derivative (and still commercial paper).
I advocate (and practice) physical possession.

Good luck

lol

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Thank you Bros. Kemet and Shik...I could say in time there will be a study group, however in the meantime there will definitely be plenty of material shared touching on the subject. It's also worth mentioning here in the Forums we've already passed along some of this information; you just have to look.

That said even before this begins, I personally will acknowledge up front I am not a legal or financial expert, not qualified by any major governing body or entity to teach people how to recognize and manage finances and financial opportunities. I do, however, maintain a burning desire (like Shik) to share such information with people in hopes that they will fact-check it and make use of it in their lives the best way they can.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
I'll start with suggesting if not already, please read a book called The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason. See if your local public library has it on the shelf, or download it onto your device(s). It's been around for a long time and was brought up by a qualified Real Estate Agent who conducted a class I attended earlier this week. That same gentleman also recommended The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller who co-founded Keller Williams Realty, which I bought and is a New York Times best-seller. Thus far it's a very good read and I encourage you to check that out as well.

The Richest Man in Babylon: http://www.enlight8.com/8-lessons-from-the-richest-man-in-babylon/
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor: https://www.kellerink.com/books/millionaire-real-estate-investor/
Keller Williams: https://www.kw.com/kw/

blazejay

Apr 14, 2012
I would because it will help me out a lot especially when it comes to self sustainable ways to make money.

I'm tired of getting almost begging for the job to achieve someone else's dreams.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz