Black People : Who were the worst colonizers?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Shabalala, May 7, 2012.

?

Who were the worst colonizers?

1. British

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Spanish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. French

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Portuguese

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Dutch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shabalala

Shabalala Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Some of the most prosperous countries today were once part of the British: USA, Canada, Australia and New Zeland. These countries have some of the highest standards of living and most powerful economies in the world.

Then you have Latin America and the Spanish. Not a particularly successful region up until recently, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Uruguay all doing more or less OK with some critical issues still left to be solved.

Where to begin with the French. Canada is the only country I can think on top of my head that stands out from the rest of their former colonies. If you look at the Second French Colonial Empire in Africa and Asia and see how those territories are faring out at the moment, well lets just said they still have a lot of road to cross before getting where latin americans are today, let alone the former british colonies.

The Portuguese only holding in South America, Brazil, is surprisingly doing quite well on a macroeconomic level. They are expected to become one of the largest economies on earth by 2050. But like their spanish-speaking neighbors they still have many problems to work out like poverty and crime.

The Dutch Empire was quite insignificant and only managed to get control of Indonesia and South Africa, which are both not as bad as people think.

If I were to rate which european power did a piss poor job at developing their colonies, my list would look like this:

1. British
    2. Spanish
    3. Portuguese
    4. Dutch
    5. French

2. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    You are looking for trouble, aren't you?

3. Onyemobi

Onyemobi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Artist
    Ratings:
    +223
    **** the UK!!!

4. Shabalala

Shabalala Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    We would be speaking French or Spanish if it werent for the UK, but language would be the least of our issues.

5. TruthRightsJustice

TruthRightsJustice Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings and good morning to All here.

:hello:

Ms. Destee, I give thanks for allowing me to be a temporary guest here in your/your family's home (i.e., comments allowed by non-members).

I hope no one too minds my two cents on this-

With all the death havoc and destruction that the listed colonizers unleashed on the indigenous people each/every place they went, isn't it like trying to compare dragons?!
    :10400:

Bless.

6. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    They were all bad. The SPAINARDS were defiantly the worse of the worse, the little known Belgians were also bad.

Study about the Belgians in the Congo [​IMG]

Also study about the mass murder and rape done by the Spanish (conquistadors) threw out the Americas. [​IMG]

7. mysticbluejay

mysticbluejay New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with the above. They all committed excessive amounts of heinous crimes. With that being said, It's hard to judge and say which were the worst of the worst. The Uk and the Spaniards were terrible but so were the Portuguese. I would definitely need to do a more in-depth research and analysis. In my book however, they're all equally as guilty.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

:hello: TruthRightsJustice ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks for using the new functionality ... posting anonymously ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!! ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Such a sweet Spirit you've added to the mix ... Thank You!

I look forward to seeing more from you ... oh gosh ... i hope no one tries to use your name!

I'll know though ... i think ... 'cause your energy is soooo positive !!! ... :love:

Thanks for Sharing!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

9. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Well alrighty then,...lets get this ball rolling...I already know this new challenge is going to get very interesting...:cool:

10. TruthRightsJustice

TruthRightsJustice Guest

Ratings:
    +0

:icon7: Good evenin Ms. Destee, hope things are well with you and All here. Thank you for your kind words :love: they are so humbling.

The name I'm using is what I stand for: Truth, Rights and Justice. I know it may sound kinda cliche, right, lol and I may not be able to change a dang thing bout this messed-up (understatement, yes) system but...it is what it is- in that I stand for it and shout for it (TRJ) just the same. :)

I would like to say, if you don't mind, that I find this 'If I were to rate which european power did a piss poor job at developing their colonies' appalling :jawdrop: :hammer: Surely the OP realizes that european ''development' of their colonies' equates to the destruction of the original people of those lands, as well as the land? The more 'development' the more destruction havoc and death, no? :mad::icon9: I am wondering if it's just me, that reads the original post's tone 'a certain way' [for lack of a better way to put it at the moment]. ok I apologize: I'm tired and kinda stressed out over some personal things sooo *sigh* with all on my mind smh I lost my train of thought to really articulate what I'm tryna say in the sentence preceding this one because that's not how I wanted to say it, but I know ya'll round here know what I mean, and that someone will come behind me and say it exactly on point- no doubt about that, and I give thanks in advance. :em2300:

I admire and respect you, your home and the minds/views/people/knowledge/etc that are here. :hearts1: Thank you again, for implementing the guest function which has allowed me to share my thoughts on this particular matter. :icon7: I don't wish to intrude here, so I'll keep my thoughts down to a minimum here and there.

A safe blessed and good evening to All. :icon7:

Bless.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spanish the worst colonizer