Black People : Who we are in danger of becoming

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Sep 27, 2004.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  2. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Interesting peice...at some points he seems to blur the line between african traditional culture and what was happening in the south after slavery...but there is alot of good points in there. I knew about the nasty ways many europeans lived during the industrial revolution....they had no right to call anyone savage at all.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Good post, However, can you please elaborate on whites being European instead of American?

I am trying to find out whether they just came to America from Europe and imperialized it or what? In a way I get the part about the Dirt, and Fleas, but not the coming to America and calling themselves Americans. I mean if they were not supposed to be in America, Why were they here? How did they get here?

I need more information on this.

Cedric Denson

4. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    thanks old soul...such an important thread....I had read that L. Crawford piece ...your thread reminds me of the days John Henry Clarke would have sessions at a church on l45th Street in nyc..
    I use the word europeans consistently, for i do believe that is what they are and it helps to get pass the concept of black and white and force one to identify ones root.
    I always think how they made Oliver Twist into a musical...so that they and, alas, us really don't have to get to the essence of that novel
    there is also another novel the european patrick gunther wrote entitled "perfume"...the first novel i read that really gave me a sense of smell...and the description of the garbage and filth should make anybody realize how dirty and unclean the french society was...in a way so bad it helped to start a revolution..
    important thread...thanks for sharing

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    If European are not supposed to be here, than why are they here?

They're here because they came to claim/conquer more land for themselves, to build and improve upon their "empire" and to find ways to make themselves "richer." This is what I was told throughout school. Very very few of us in America actually have the right to be here. When the Mayflower docked, those Europeans settlerswere given rights to the land by a king who did not own the land! You cannot give someone something that you do not own; that makes the contract void.

6. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Ms. Toylin, why do you condemn the actions of the Europeans? If I were you—instead of deriding the Europeans—I would study and learn from their actions. What they did as a group (especially the Anglo-Saxon variety) was a brilliant and most ingenious example of how to achieve and construct the triangular prism of social, economic and political power over the world. One...worthy of imitation!!! Thanx.

7. afrknroots

afrknroots Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    The actions of the europeans must be condemned because they are perverted and outright evil. Do you want to imitate murder, rape, pillage, disease and perversions?
    The "brilliance" of "what they did as a group, especially the anglo-saxon variety", led to genocide, holocausts, slavery and much more. Their "achievement" of the "triangular prism of social, economic and political power" is the most corrupt system of governing people ever concocted by any civilization. In fact, it's an abomination to call this modern decrepitude a civilization. If our ancestors heard us calling it a civilization, they'd think we've completely lost our minds.
    Europe was built on the bloody sweat of Black people.
    America was built on the sweat and blood of Black people.
    On whose blood and sweat should we "imitate" this wickedness?

8. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Hmm, I see. You have thoroughly observed the dealings of Europeans around the world...yet you have not learnt the lessons of their actions. I think you're involving waaaaay too much emotion into some thing that must be looked at rationally and with ice-cold precision and clear sightedness. Therefore I shall elaborate on my position:

Firstly, we must acknowledge that they (Europeans and Whites in general) have all the forms of power in this world (i.e. social, economic, political and military power) and we have none. From this premise we must then ask ourselves 'What actions did they take that allowed them to acquire all the power; and what actions did we take that caused us (Black people in general) to become so powerless?' Afrknroots, I think you've already stated the answer in your comments above. It was precisely because of the fact that Europeans committed those "perverted and outright evil" acts across the world, that they’re above us (and every body else) on the global totem pole. Black people like to talk about achieving power and constantly decry White supremacy...yet we do not understand why White Europeans possess all the power in this world. By looking at and studying the way they colonized the world...one can see the blue print of achieving global power over the world.

You asked me: "Do you want to imitate murder, rape, pillage, disease and perversions?"

My answer: YES...If need be!!!

9. afrknroots

afrknroots Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Frankly, I think for you to assume Black people are capable of the evil intrigues of whites is wishful thinking on your part. But if you really believe we can pull it off, then more power, my brother. It would be an interesting experiment, never done before in the hundreds of thousands of years of Black people's history, and I'd be willing to join.
    Here's my contribution to the plan. Make any necessary corrections.
    We'd have to:
    1. Contrive a fake religion, then send vanguard missionaries all over the world to soften the resistance and prepare the way for our colonizing armies.
    2. Prepare colonizing armies that'll overpower their armies, just like theirs did ours centuries ago.
    3. Import slaves of their kind into Africa, or wherever we choose to centralize our political, economic and social power. (That'll be sweet revenge.)
    4. Have several large colonizing powers working together. Obviously such a worldwide undertaking would not succeed with small divided powers.
    5. Have secret cartels behind this whole machiavelian coup, because as we all know, real power behind powerful governments is held by such cartels.
    6. Re-write the last 6,000-year history to portray Black people in a better light, just like they re-wrote our history claiming to be the originators of all arts, science and culture.

10. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976