Black Spirituality Religion : Who was Timothy Drew?...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by pfa1451usa, Mar 26, 2006.

1. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Timothy Drew was known to his friends as Prophet Drew Ali, a Moorish gentleman who in about 1913 suggested that as all black races were originally Moorish and as all Moorish people were originally Muslim, then - logically - all black people should be Muslim.

Ali was also fairly sure that an ancient genetic experiment by an evil scientist by the name of Yakub produced a race of white people. In the same year Timothy (aka prophet Drew Ali) started a movement that became The Moorish Science Temple in Newark NJ.

The black people, he said, were good, the white people, he said, were evil and the experiment was to see if the bad white people could ever become as good as their black creators.

The original Nation of Islam (NOI) was started in Detroit, Michigan, USA in 1930 by W.D. Fard and like many before him W.D. called himself a prophet a saviour and an incarnation of Allah. Elijah Muhammed and eventually Minister Farrakhan followed...

...no offense intended, just dispute or correct my understanding of history please...

Yakub...http://www.africawithin.com/hpi/hp12.htm

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Here again is your response, except this time I'm going to add something to it. I would advise you to start READING SOME VERY GOOD BOOKS, cause what you're seeking or needing will not be found on the internet.
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41030

3. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    With all due respect, neither seeking nor needing...

...just a correction of the facts please...

4. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Timothy Drew was known to his friends as Prophet Drew Ali, a Moorish gentleman who in about 1913 suggested that as all black races were originally Moorish and as all Moorish people were originally Muslim, then - logically - all black people should be Muslim

Just a question ? Now if that was the case wouldn't if this theory was true mean that Black people have only been around since roughly the 7th century? Just wondering.....
    and is it possible that Fard was simply a disciple or student of Drew Ali and nothing more. ...like I said not trying to disrespect anyone just wondering.

MississippiRed

5. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    If you want to learn about the Moorish Science Temple (if that in fact is your intent), learn their history from them: http://moorishsciencetempleofamericainc.com/page5.html

You should go to the source of what you seek and not someone else's perspective on a group. You did not provide the source for your information that you were seeking clarity on.

As far as your question about Yakub, this is some of what Elijah Muhammad teaches on the subject:
    http://www.noineworleans.org/mttbm/53.html

Minister Farrakhan on the Greatness of Fard Muhammad: http://www.mosque7.org/fard/masterfard.htm

6. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Thank you for the information I'm just very skeptical .... ......especially when Elijah Poole and the NOI teaches so vehemently against white folk and mentions how they enslaved us but they take on an arabic religion without even mentioning or speaking on how the arabs enslaved us and actually still do enslave Africans . at any rate Thank you again for the links

Red

7. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    Skeptisim can be healthy. I think the fact that Arabs do not like with Elijah Muhammad teaches should show that there is a difference between what he teaches and their "Islaaam."

I do wonder, though, why we must refer to other Black people by the names white folks gave them. Timothy Drew and Elijah Poole is not who these men ultimately grew to be, and to me it is disrespectful to refer to them by these names.

8. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

I see your point on the first paragraph and on the second that's my bad...I have issues with Elijah but you're right as men we should respect each other in name and Manhood if nothing else ...........

MississippiRed

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I was going to pass on this thread but thought that I should respond anyway. I am sure that there are some inconsistencies in this initial thread when viewed in the context of the actual teachings and life work of Timothy Drew, better known as Noble drew Ali.

For one, Noble drew was the founder of the Moorish Science temple in america and he is believed to have authored also the Black Thorn manifesto. This manifesto speaks nothing concerning the white "race" as being the creation of dr. yakub but speaks of the relation of the irish/celts as part of the remnant from ancient Egypt and this manifesto proved historically as a foundation of the Moorish orthodoxy, who today are mostly white/european followers of moorish Science as taught by the Prophet Noble drew Ali. One of the leading disciples today is Hakim Bey.

The authorship of the "Yakub's history" actually is believed to have been credited to Wallace Farad muhammah, i.e. Wallace Dodd Ford, the founder of the NOI which was based on the teachings of Noble Drew Ali along with master farad's own investigtion into Moorish Science and a number of other sources. Farad's teachings were expanded upon by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad as explained in Message to the Blackman in america and the Supreme Wisdom.

What concerns me is a continual trend by various individuals to tear down and minimalize the teachings and historical contributions of Drew Ali, Elijah Muhammad, Martin Luther King, etc. rather than placing each of these individuals within their proper historical context and acknowledging the positive contributions of each in organizing, inspiring and mobilizing millions of afrikans in america into a greater self and collective cultural and spiritual consciousness.

Each of the above stated have contributed immensely to our growth and development as people and did so against much opposition to their teachings in successive periods of black codes, jim crow and amerikan style-apartheid segregation and political repression...

Can more of us begin to recognize the positive that these Elders accomplished rather than attempting to tear them down?

Peace,
    Omowale.

10. uplift19

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm glad you did. Thank you for clearing some things up here.

My only issue with this is Wallace Dodd Ford is what the FBI files called Him, He never used this name to refer to Himself. The COINTELPRO files may have been convincing since he did go by W. D. Fard and W. F. Muhammad, but that mug shot was not him. Let's not use white folks as a source for our information.

I couldn't agree more. We should be more concerned with what WE are doing instead of trying to tear down our own leaders. White people do not do this. They STILL support Bush even though he's proven to the whole world he's an idiot :)