Brother AACOOLDRE : Who was Gov. Ben "Pitchfork" Tillman of S.C???

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Jun 20, 2015.

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Jul 26, 2001
    WHO WAS GOV. BEN TILLMAN OF S.C???? : Its relationship to the S.C 9 Massacre

By Andre Austin

Leaders from South Carolina are taking the opportunity to express their disgust with the slaughter of 9 innocent church goers and other related matters. For example:

1. The Confederate flag was used by South Carolina to first succeed from the Union on April 12, 1861 shortly after Lincoln was elected president. The confederate flag was used in their war against the North to defend a social and political system based on slavery. When Fort Sumter, South Carolina was attacked on April 14, 1861 the Civil War was on.

2. Taking down a statue of Gov. Ben “Pitchfork” Tillman (1847-1918) of South Carolina who was a rabid racist and white supremacist.

3. Congressman Joe Wilson from South Carolina was the first to interrupt a state of the Union address by shouting that the President lied. Wilson also represents the district in which Dylann Roof lives in.

4. Rename Calhoun Street after any blackman or woman to helped free us from slavery. John C. Calhoun (1782-1850) was public enemy #1 to the freedom of blacks and champion to States Rights, the Nullification club and promoter of slavery. He was South Carolina’s staunchest pro-slaver and they have a street named after. My God, my God the South has lost its mind. This AME church is on 110 Calhoun Street is like the church fight against slavery while residing on a street of its opponent like light vs dark.

Without the aid of Wikipedia, just a cursory glance of some of my old books justify the taking down of this statue just like we should remove the name of Hoover from the FBI headquarters Building. Hoover took publicity photos and found his white friends who played stereotypical blacks on radio as Amos & Andy as funny and keeping Blacks in their place. Now if Dylann Roof and Tillman lived in the same period they would of went hand and hand with respect to the illusion of black men raping white females. Tillman said in a speech:

“I have three daughters but so help me God, I had rather find either one of them killed by a tiger or a bear and gather up her bones and bury them, conscious that she had died in the purity of her maidenhood, than to have her crawl to me and tell me the horrid story that she had been robbed of the jewel of her womanhood by a black fiend” (Trouble in my Mind By Leon Litwack p.303)

In 1918 he said in Congress about Blacks being elected to office:

“You can keep up that kind of thing until you compel the people of the South to use shotguns and kill every man you appoint…we do not intend to submit to Negro domination”. This is the exact faith & deeds of Roof, the only difference is Roof had a 45 and Tillman wanted a shotgun.

Tillman was the political face of lynching who considered blacks rapists, savages and cannibals. Ironically, Tillman had a black servant Joe Gibson that he would “Have shared his last crust with that Negro tomorrow”. This was their disorder of a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde type of being kind to individual Negroes but hating the rise of the black masses. You see these are still the crumbs of Jim Crow we are still trying to get rid of here in America. Tillman extolled the virtues of the “Old Negro” to warn the south of the threat of the New Negro who didn’t benefit from the discipline of slavery and had the virus of equality (Trouble p.189). The same mindset infected the white judge , (James Gosnell Jr.), who presided over a hearing of Roof. This judge received a public reprimand for telling an African-American there were four kinds of people a Black, a white, a Redneck and a ******. A ***** would probably be anybody who agitated from political, social and economic equality. This judge also had the audacity to offer sympathy to the family members of Roof who he considered victims along with the 9 blacks gun down to death over fear blacks were gaining power and defiling white women. Roof had taken his cue to the mythology of and fear of the Black penis conquering over the whites from the KKK. When in reality to quote W.E.B. Dubois: “The red stain of bastardy, which two centuries of systematic legal defilement of Negro women had stamped upon this race…the hereditary weight of a mass of filth from white whoremongers and adulterers, threatening almost the obliteration of the Negro home” (Strivings of the Negro People, Atlantic Monthly August 1897, 194-98).

“With the re-admission of the South to the Union, its representatives used Congress as a forum from which to attack and vilify Negroes. Ironically, enough of their strongest arguments were drawn from Lincoln and what he had said in his first campaign in support of inequality for Negroes and his objection to their holding political office [until a few days until his death he felt Blacks who served in the war and could read earned the right and booth went ballistic over it]. Had not Lincoln, their great “friend” and “Deliverer” said they were “inferior”? Benjamin Tillman of South Carolina, an unregenerate rebel and Lincoln-hater, would rise in the Senate…spouting Lincoln. Denouncing the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments, he would shout, “To hell with the constitution”. Lincoln became the Bible of the great Negrophobes” (Africa’s Gift to America By J.A. Rogers p.205).

Last but not least I present Carter G. Woodson (1875-1950) , the Father of Black History Month take on Benjamin Tillman was that he was a leader of the poor whites who: “Have effected sufficient changes to deprive the Blacks of their Civil and political rights with the perpetuation of a caste system in the South after slavery. (The Negro in Our History 1931 p.531)

It’s not the crust but the filling that in it that makes the pie. You can keep the crust and the crumbs and let us have a share or a piece of the action for opportunity, justice and what’s fare by any means necessary. A slave once wrote a poem:

We raise de wheat

Dey gib us de corn

We bake de bread,

Dey gib us de crust,…

We skim de pot,

Dey gib us de liquor,

And say dat’s good enough for a