Black People : Who wants to help

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ninecloud, Jul 10, 2003.

1. ninecloud

ninecloud New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
  2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    What is your idea? Sounds good.

3. ninecloud

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    NineCloud ... why would you register here, solicit help from the Family and not be willing to provide any details? Who are you? Why did you come here? What do you have to show in regard to building with our people in the past? Why so much mystery? You make yourself and your endeavor look suspicious.

We have many threads here on building the self-esteem of our young Sisters and empowering them and all of us. Please feel free to add on to any of these discussions so we can have some idea regarding your position on these very important issues.

:heart:

Destee

5. ninecloud

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would you think my post would be "suspicious". I want to start a non profit organization for young girls how much more do I need to explain. I just looking for people who have ideas and want to join the fight. Look at society today, with sex and money as a foundation lots of young girls and teens think this is all to live for. Well I am tired and If starting this organization help change one girls mind then its worth it.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Well, since you asked.

1. This is the Internet and most everything on it should be met with some healthy and cautious suspicion.

2. You are new here and come in asking for people to contact you privately at a yahoo email address that gives no indication of who you are.

3. You don't provide a web site address we can visit to get more information.

4. The tone of your request seems to imply that the request for money is not far off.

5. You post addressing issues that are dear to our heart, but we have no idea your real motive, as you've not shared any dialogue with us ever.

6. When our Sister asks for more information, you fail to provide it. Suggesting that she contact you privately when the information could be easily posted here for all to see.

7. You've shown us nothing you've already accomplished toward this goal.

If your endeavor is a sincere one, addressing these items may aid in future solicitations of support.

:heart:

Destee

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Excellent points

ninecloud, if you are sincere in what you want to do with young girls, I find it to be an admirable endeavor. The African American community (assuming this is your target population) can use all the positive and constructive assistance we can get.

I agree with Destee, it would be extremely helpful to us here to know more about you, your thoughts, and your ideas on how you want to start your non-profit organization. People here who take this and other issues seriously have a right to know and be given the opportunity to exchange information in full view of the family. This is how we learn and grow.

Welcome to our Forums and I'm looking forward to seeing more details about your ideas!

Peace! :)