Pan Africanism : Who speaks for you?

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by GoldenSPARTAN, Dec 4, 2003.

1. GoldenSPARTAN

GoldenSPARTAN Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Voices of Black America: Who Speaks for You?
    By CR Hamilton

Taking notice of the stats below, there is no wonder Black-Americans continue to face discrimination and whites (mainly policy-making and gate-keeping mainstream whites) continue to undermine and disrespect the wants, needs, and ideas of Black-America. The names below do not represent all Blacks; they represent the more liberal, elitist Blacks and not the masses. When asked, "Who do you think is the leader who best represents the interests of the black community today" this is what 266 polled Black adults had to say:

Jesse Jackson 40%
    Colin Powell 20
    Coretta Scott King 15
    Al Sharpton 6
    Louis Farrakhan 6
    Charles Rangel 3
    Clarence Thomas 1
    Other/None (vol.) 5
    Not sure 4

Click Here To Read The Article In Its Entirety

< < Edited By Destee > >

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    GoldenSPARTAN, you have this same thread posted in the Open Forum and we ask that members refrain from posting information like that, not to mention the fact that I questioned you about whether you are posting this correctly, i.e., did you seek permission from the author of the article first.

Please read the forum rules, and make the necessary corrections. Thank you again for your cooperation.

Peace!

3. GoldenSPARTAN

GoldenSPARTAN Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    how do I remove the article

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello GoldenSPARTAN and Welcome! I found where a copy of the article you shared is posted on another site and have provided a link to it below, so it can be read in its entirety. I'll delete the article from above and leave the link there as well.

http://www.globalblacknews.com/BLeaders.html

Like Sister NNQueen said, unless we have permission for copyrighted information to be posted here, it's against our rules ... as well as spamming, which is posting the same thing more than once.

Thanks for joining us and sharing. Please make yourself at home, because you are.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee