Black People : Who speaks for you?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by GoldenSPARTAN, Dec 4, 2003.

1. GoldenSPARTAN

GoldenSPARTAN Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Voices of Black America: Who Speaks for You?
    By CR Hamilton

Taking notice of the stats below, there is no wonder Black-Americans continue to face discrimination and whites (mainly policy-making and gate-keeping mainstream whites) continue to undermine and disrespect the wants, needs, and ideas of Black-America. The names below do not represent all Blacks; they represent the more liberal, elitist Blacks and not the masses. When asked, "Who do you think is the leader who best represents the interests of the black community today" this is what 266 polled Black adults had to say:

Jesse Jackson 40%
    Colin Powell 20
    Coretta Scott King 15
    Al Sharpton 6
    Louis Farrakhan 6
    Charles Rangel 3
    Clarence Thomas 1
    Other/None (vol.) 5
    Not sure 4

Click Here To Read The Article In Its Entirety

< < Edited By Destee > >

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    GoldenSPARTAN, this is an interesting article. By chance are you CR Hamilton and if not, did you get permission to reproduce this article here in it's entirety? If not, you need to remove it until you do. But another way of sharing the same information is in an abbreviated form. Simply quote a small portion...give us a few sentences or short paragraph to peak our interest, then post the URL and direct readers to check out the full text there.

Thank you for your cooperation and by the way, 40% chose Jesse? We have more members here than were used in that poll (266). A similar poll would be interesting if taken here. I would think the results would be interesting to compare and I would include Farrakhan.

Peace.

3. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I respect many of those on the list; I will not disrespect them to make Whitey feels better about the evil they do; or lackey-blackey looking for a handout.
    Jesse is a politician who plays the game better than you... I respect him more now than I even considered him in the past, because I see what the White Devil is doing; and what Black dogs (racists) are doing to please that devil!

I speak for me.

(I think that 99.99999% of "polls" are made up lies by White-men sitting in big chairs getting their slongs sucked off by Lackey-Blackey racist dogs)

just my opinion--

4. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    After reading the article-- I still hold my views as to some on the list-- but I have to say I agree with much of what was written in the article.

I just don't agree with his assertions that we have to be "accepted" to prosper; and I don't buy that we are mocked per se; sure many will do that-- they have to to not go crazy... but the thing about us is we create.