Black People : Who says "BLACK" is negative???

Nita

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Arkansas
Occupation
youth volunteer
Growing up, I remember hearing terms like....black hole, black plague or black magic. I even recently found out that on color coded booster cables, the black wire is what connects the Negative...hmmm...I wonder why???
I never understood why these things were labled as they were, but as I got older I began to understand.
Adding the "black" to a word meant that it was something gloomy or wicked. Although I don't know where or when the word black was created, I do know we," people of color", were labled this to diminish our character and to make us appear to be less than MAN...the "white man" that is.

Although this term was placed on my people, I still have to ask the question

Who says "BLACK" is negative?

Let me explain to you why I feel "BLACK" is a very positive thing.
Follow me as I take you to Genesis 1: 1-4
See when God created the earth and the heavens, there was total darkness here.....
Hmmmm can you imagine it, nothing but "Blackness".
Then God began to form the earth and heavens AROUND this "Blackness"...can I get an Amen!...Well!
In the 4th verse, God created light...keep in mind "BLACK", was already here waaaay before light. Then he divided the light from the darkness. He didn't do away with the darkness, which was here first, he just allowed light to come in so that we can have what is called a day. So that tells me that Dark is GOOD!!!!
It always has been, and it ALWAYS will be...Heeeeeey!

*SPEAKING IN TONGUES*
Mama Saa Mama Sa Ma Ma Ku Sa
*grabbin my church fan*.....roflolol :lol:

Black will always be beautiful in my sight...I hope you too will share in this thread and honor the beauty of your own Blackness!
Oh and don't forget to leave your offerings @ the door :wink:...lol
Peace

Thank you Brothers

MrBlk, I aint tryin to fall for that stuff either.

Panafrica, so true, thanks for havin my back :wink:

KeITa, I know this is just a scratch, but I'm lQQking forward to all the responses and feedback......and yes, there's hope in me... I often wonder how much dope....QQ.....I mean hope is in you also....roflolol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back