Black People : WHO SAID, HAPPY NEW YEAR??

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
Who said, "Happy New Year?" This is the white man's new year! His ice age experience and history is why his new year begins when it is cold and snowy outside. This is when he gets fond genetic memories, not us! Our new year and common sense should tell you that the "new year" begins when the earth is bringing NEW LIFE INTO BEING. When nature is RE-NEWING ITSELF! WHEN IT IS BEGINNING TO GET WARM OUTSIDE...NOT THIS ICE AGE EXPERIENCE WE BLINDLY CELEBRATE!!!But we're one step away from greatness...:SuN049::SuN049::whip::whip::whip::whip:

I say Hapy New year, but let me expalin why ??

Who said, "Happy New Year?" This is the white man's new year! His ice age experience and history is why his new year begins when it is cold and snowy outside. This is when he gets fond genetic memories, not us! Our new year and common sense should tell you that the "new year" begins when the earth is bringing NEW LIFE INTO BEING. When nature is RE-NEWING ITSELF! WHEN IT IS BEGINNING TO GET WARM OUTSIDE...NOT THIS ICE AGE EXPERIENCE WE BLINDLY CELEBRATE!!!But we're one step away from greatness...:SuN049::SuN049::whip::whip::whip::whip:

New years is not a religious holiday. Unlike Christmas, Easter and holidays that have pagen roots.

It's clear what New years represents TO MAN. So in that aspect whether or not one celebrates it. Is up to the individual.

No one is more against the western culture practices then I. **smile** However, IMHO forcing others is not productive to the "US".

Not to mention that anceint calanders varied but most went by the moon and solar system. Which in fact we still go by.

The ancient civil Egyptian calendar had a year that was 365 days long and was divided into 12 months of 30 days each, plus 5 extra days (epagomenes, Greek ἐπαγόμεναι) at the end of the year.The first inundation according to the calendar was observed in Egypt's first capital, Memphis, at the same time as the heliacal rising of Sirius.

The Egyptian year was divided into the three seasons of akhet (Inundation), peret (Growth - Winter) and shemu (Harvest - Summer).

They had what you call a seasonal year and an civil year.

So if you choose to go by those calendars what would you actually celebrate and would that still be considered paganism ?? As they had many gods at the time which dictated their calender year ??

Now, You have to also consider when its summer in one part of the world it's winter in the other part of the world , So I dare ask ?? If you personally celebrated the New years, What date or time should we celebrate that's in union world wide ??

Example of ancient Egyptians Gods played a role in their calender year:

A tablet from the reign of First Dynasty King Djer (c. 3000 BC) was conjectured by early Egyptologists to indicate that the Egyptians had already established a link between the heliacal rising of Sirius (Egyptian Sopdet, Greek Sothis), and the beginning of the year. However, more recent analysis of the pictorial scene on this tablet has questioned whether it actually refers to Sothis at all[1]. Current knowledge of this period remains a matter more of speculation than of established fact.

The Egyptians may have used a lunar calendar at an earlier date, but when they discovered the discrepancy between the lunar calendar and the actual passage of time, they probably switched to a calendar based on the Nile inundation. The first inundation according to the calendar was observed in Egypt's first capital, Memphis, at the same time as the heliacal rising of Sirius.

Deepest respect to you my brother. But we have to take baby steps first. We are not in a position mentally to fight every battle. As we will be weary for the battle that count. I encourage US to celebrate what you want , but know exactly what and why you are celebrating it and the choice belongs to them.

To want true freedom , we have to have a taste for it.

My 3 cents

Peace and deepest respect !!

btw: I personally celebrate 3 holidays every year , Juneteeth, New Years day ( Eve actually ) And the entire month of Fed. In remembrance of..................

None has any religion tries.

Well, I had to say my peace with that remark as well.

I agree wholeheartedly. We are farther away from greatness ,

But it has nothing to do with the messages or knowledge shared but how it is presented and delivered.

It's only a suggestion please don't take offense.

You have a lot to give, offer and share. How its delivered will determined who takes what. If your feeding yourself, keep that mannerism. If you truly wish to feed others, lighten it up. You know your intent not me.

I'm just saying...................

Just an suggestion and I mean no harm. I just recognize an knowledgable person when I see one. But you have yet to developed the wisdom so others can truly gain from your insight.

Have a good evening

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back