Black People : Who put a preacher with 50 parishioners in the press? and what resulted in Africa?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Right now listening to WBAI news , they mentioned that several churches were bombed in India and Sri Lanka, as retaliation for Koran burning

One can assume what is going on in Nigeria and other nations with large Muslim and Christian populations

So who and what apparatus got this guy into the media

a nobody with a storefront church?

If the media gave him no attention no one would know squat, and all this hell would have not brocken out

A conspiracy here to forment religious war???

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    This clown is a lot of things, but stupid is not one.
    He manipulated the press (as they would say on Star Trek) "with the skill of a Romulan". He threatened to do something against a world-wide religion that already was misunderstood and hated by most of this country, at a time when the negative feelings were being stoked by the mosque in NYC. He pitted the constitution against raw emotions, and did it at the right time. Love him or hate him, you could not ignore him.
    What I caught though I wonder if anyone else did. In the middle of this all, he was hell bent on burning. He was, in his mind, on a crusade for the whole country, and would not be deterred because he was on a mission from God; except by hearing from the white house. He said that he would reconsider his actions if contacted by the white house. At that moment, I said "wait a minute". You mean after all this horn blowing and sticking up for the american way of life, his stance would be set aside if somebody from the white house called? Talk about selling out your convictions.
    But that let me know that he was full of it, that he was just manipulating a situation, and reminded me of N. Korea president Kim Jung Il, a little guy from a little country, rattling his swords and getting the world's attention by it.
    Unfortunately, this so-called pastor's actions have had real repercussions.

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    I understand what you aresaying but my point was

How?????

Everyone here has alittle storefront or small Black church, in thier neighborhood with about 65 or 80 members

so how in the world did thios little nobody get the ear of the entire world

If he did whatever. who would have known

what was the real power behind this guy to get him to the rpess and for what real agenda,
    knowing human nature and the effect fo putting a nut ike this on the larget media system in the world?

We coudn't get Dr Amos Wilson or Jawanzaa Kunjufu on network television or even BET unless it was Like It Is, but with the thousands of Black youth they turned around from drug dealing and gang bangin the press wouldn't touch it!!!

but this knucka

how could a broke, white storefront preacher from little no name town

get so much pull with the press?

4. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
    Because he rang the right chime. As soon as he was going to burn the Koran, that made it big news on the Political Correctness scale. Remember the Riots and death threats over the dutch cartoons of Mohamed. Thats all you got to do is get the right subject. and at this time anything to do with Islam is the one.,

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    so you are saying he went to Fox News from Florida or just emailed them?

the man is a nobody, how did a nobody get the ear of the press without the media dismissing him as a kook?

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Chuck:

Do keep in mind both what Fanon told uswho were the most bigoted and racist ad naseum, as well as nowadays some of such folk control global spanning media empires etc.

:10500:

7. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
    Don't know about fox I seen it on CNN international. Like I said he stroked the right button. nothing more nothing less.

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Some do call what is being broadcasted as 'news' via the commercial airwaves 'infortainment':

I also kinda apply what a black indian sista calls it...

I. e., weapons of mass DISTRACTION, so your take was/is on point/on time, too...

:toast:

9. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    Good news is always harder to get picked up than bad news - and the worst kind of bad news at the moment in any western country is bad news involving Islam in any way - it doesn't matter if its Islam being perceived to be doing something against the west or the west doing something against Islam - just having that word attached to the story will probably get it broadcast - so he may well have just phoned in the story himself.

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    What comes across after eight years of one white president's bad calls is a sometimes complicit white media aided propaganda machine and its corporate big shots etc. having no more an idea what the Arab World is really about than he did!

Flashforward and they continue to hype the present one's same political line etc.

Instead I also read some of their media pundits take and/or have a much different impression about what is going on and down over there too...

Bin Laden and Taliban are just a part of a much bigger scenario...

And other than the Taliban's attempts to regain control of the nation they once ruled:

What exactly does Bin Laden?

Do keep that in mind as well...

:em0200: